Possible bug with graphics or something?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Chexss
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: USA

Possible bug with graphics or something?

Unread post by Chexss »

I am trying to figure out what is wrong here...I restarted my computer and the problem still consisted. Then I went to my druid and there was no problem. Only on my halfling rogue I just created.

The problem is...well first when I zoom in some on my halfling suddenly it seems like its night time out! Even in baldurs gate! The "shadows" just follow him until I zoom out all the way. Also it just shows a "mask" of some sort stuck to my characters face whenever he wears a helmet...sometimes nothing at all! I tried changing the appearance multiple times.

I did the same thing with the leather armor...the one I bought from the rogue vendor and just using the one I got from when I created my character. I took some screen shots. The problems only arise on this character. The build for this character is..
http://nwn2db.com/build/?160641

Any ideas on whats causing this? On my druid there were NO problems. Same area too.

Image

Image

Image

shadow..
Image
Image

zoomed out...no shadow
Image
Nessa Loreweaver - Wood Elf - Druid ~ Biography
Talira Claddval - Drow - Wizard ~ Biography
Beram Grenspan - Halfling - Pirate
Garico Thenson - Human - Follower of Ilmater
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Possible bug with graphics or something?

Unread post by Luna »

Does mucking with the shadows setting help at all?
Try turning them off to start with and see if that helps.
Chexss
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: Possible bug with graphics or something?

Unread post by Chexss »

I'll try that...though it doesn't make sense its only on this halfling char =P
Nessa Loreweaver - Wood Elf - Druid ~ Biography
Talira Claddval - Drow - Wizard ~ Biography
Beram Grenspan - Halfling - Pirate
Garico Thenson - Human - Follower of Ilmater

Return to “Questions for DMs”