Problem w/ ItemLvRes & Haks

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Kalthios
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Problem w/ ItemLvRes & Haks

Unread post by Kalthios »

I am trying to set up my module to make content for bgtscc but am having some difficulties.

I've set ItemLevelRestrictions = 1 in the nwn2player.ini file, but am still not seeing ilr when I open my module. Are there scripts I need to add to the module properties?

I added the bg hacks to my module properties with soz_tools on the top but so far I have noticed corruption of the custom classes (incorrect names and descriptions that look like they belong to items and spells). Maybe some other ordering is important or I have files included that I shouldn't: perhaps I shouldn't have old versions as well as newer versions of hak files? (I currently have 30 haks included with the bg prefix)

I am also getting warnings of missing files: ...\NWN2Toolset_X1\Terrain\TT_GR_Cliff_10.bmp and ...\TT_tuk_43.bmp for example. I assume these files are for the tile icons? Is there a convenient place to get these files?

Should I just upload the module somewhere? (it is about 25 mb and is just some areas I have been working on to learn the toolset)
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Problem w/ ItemLvRes & Haks

Unread post by Luna »

I'll send you a module.
The item level restriction is only for PW's I think.
It doesn't apply to single player.
It's an option for nwn2 server.

In terms of the HAKS, you need to have bg_soz_tools.hak to be first.
It has the 2DA files.
So in terms of hak ordering, the highest ordered hak will be the 2DA files used.

You have incorrect names and what not because you need to associate the bg.TLK file to the module.
So in the same properties window where you set the hak files, there should be a "Custom TLK Field" entry.
Just type in bg.tlk

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”