- In many occasions, I will notify the group that the downed character has not been killed, but merely knocked out/beaten to unconsciousness. It will then be up to the players to revive the character. Roleplay your healing skills (if any), roll some healing checks. For good roleplayed first aid, I will even hand out a bit more xps at the event's end.
- I could rule out that the character has been truly killed for good. Dead. Heart is not beating. In that case, DO NOT cast any resurrection/raise dead spells without FIRST notifying me of the procedure. When you DO cast a raise dead/resurrection, I expect you to pay the component cost, namely: diamonds. If you do not have diamonds, I will subtract gold from your inventory to represent the material component cost. And keep in mind, raise dead and resurrection spells take some time to be cast. I expect you to rp the procedure accordingly, giving of course extra points if you do. Scrolls and rods are exempt from the material component cost.
Rpwise, resting takes time, instead of 5 seconds. I expect you to understand this simple fact. Do not rest unless I allow you to. During longer events, I may give an "in context rest rp out", specifying that you can take some time to lick your wounds/recover. "In context rest rp outs" include emotes like "You have enough time to rest before proceeding" or "it would be better to stop for a moment and rest".
Diplomacy, Intimidate and Bluff WILL be taken into consideration when dealing with npcs. Remember, though, that the rolls are nothing if not backed by concrete, believable rp. A bluff roll of 20 followed by a convincing story will have far more weight than a bluff roll of 90 followed by utter nonsense.
If your character's argumentations are very logical and supported by the correct words and mannerisms, I could even decide to make them count even without a roll backing them.
There is nothing more disheartening than seeing someone in a full plate weighing 50 lbs running around like an athlete without a good reason (I will, however, be a bit more lenient with those wearing lighter equipment). Act as you would act in a real life dangerous situation. This, of course, also means that if you have a good reason to leg it, run for it!
Please, have some patience. Having patience means that there are tons of issues that could slow me down, main ones being: lag, getting flooded with tells or emotes, or having to take real life breaks for various issues.
Being humble and polite means: remembering that I am here to keep you entertained in the most unbiased and impartial way possible. It also means that if you "lose" during an event, it is because I have decreed that you have not done enough to successfully complete it. And keep in mind that there is no such thing as "losing" an event, either. Even if the event does not end with the victory of your character, he can still draw useful experiences from his failure.
Remember: the real courageous individual is not the one whom never falls, but the one having the strength to stand up again after having fallen.
Being direct means: if you don't like my events, by the love of God, say it!. As long as you keep it civil and polite, I do not mind criticism. Criticism helps me improving as a DM.
To a DM's eyes, everyone is perfectly visible. This does not apply to other players, though, which is why I need to be notified if you are following someone while stealthed.
They are not just allowed, but encouraged. I will see to it that the most well written ones will be awarded with XP bonuses.
Anyway, the reactions of NPCs are BEST LEFT TO THE DM TEAM. Avoid writing them. If you write "Lots of people are bewildered at character's X display of hostility", that is borderline acceptable. Writing "The whole town of Hillibillyland has been in uproar because of Starscream sneezed at my character, who is now a martyr and local hero", well, that is CLEARLY godmodding. If your RP posts involve the reaction of a city/npc, then please, send me a draft of your post via pm so that I can decide whether it is appropriate or not.
As a final note, what I will write in my event write-ups will NOT BE COMMON KNOWLEDGE UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED, OR DISCLOSED BY A POST IN THE ELFSONG TAVERN SUBFORUM!
Largely in the evening, GMT+1, from about 17:00 onwards. Saturday and Sunday: variable, but generally, I have much more time at my disposal.
In all of my events, I will also write the region (ergo the area) involved, while also explicitly stating what other areas are close enough to allow your toons to discover what is going on.
Questing goes smoothly and marvelously if done with groups of 5-6 people at maximum. When 20 players flock at the same place, hoping to participate to an event, it gets messy, because I am but a normal human being with two eyes, two arms, and one brain. Less people = more focus. More people = far less focus. At that point, no one has fun anymore, and everything devolves into pure chaos. So please respect this rule. If you happen to coincidentally stumble upon one of my events, then I would kindly ask you to ask me, via tell, if you are allowed to join. If I refuse, do not take it as a personal attack. Most likely, it is because I am fairly aware of my limitations, and one extra player (or group of players) would seriously put them to the test.
This said, I hope you will enjoy my events.








