Hi, I'm still new to this game, and this is my first forum post so if this should go somewhere else I apologize.
My question is simple, why did I log on and my character (Nkechi Spirit Shaman 3) was in the Nexus?
Last night, I was in a large group in the Graveyard, and was doing well.
I played for a couple of hours, and then left the graveyard to the eastern farmlands, and then I think I went into Baldur's Gate to sell some things I had found.
After that, I logged off.
However, this morning I log in and my character is dead, and I have no idea how I died.
The 300 xp is a little annoying, because I was really close to 4th level, and earning 300xp can take time (especially since I'm new to the game and don't know the best way to advance) - but if I were higher level and this happened, I would be more upset than I am now.
So, can anyone tell me what happened to my character, and do things like this happen very often?
~Wolfsdaughter
Waking up in the Nexus (Not sure if this is the right forum)
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Wolfsdaughter
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:22 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
-
mireigi
- Posts: 702
- Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:12 pm
- Location: Denmark
Re: Waking up in the Nexus (Not sure if this is the right fo
Ususally the most common cause for that is if you pick up the corpse of another player and then you die yourself. This causes a bug where you drop the corpse(s) you were carrying and remain alive yourself, however, the game still records your death and you will be sent to the Fugue Plane after the next reset.
If you were not carrying any corpses on you and subsequently died without actually dying (yes, it is confusing), then it's a bug and you should ask a DM for a XP refund.
((DMs, can we please get this bug fixed soon? The whole death-script is custom for the server, so it should be possible to make a change where it checks for corpses upon death, drops them and then sends you to the Fugue Plane.))
If you were not carrying any corpses on you and subsequently died without actually dying (yes, it is confusing), then it's a bug and you should ask a DM for a XP refund.
((DMs, can we please get this bug fixed soon? The whole death-script is custom for the server, so it should be possible to make a change where it checks for corpses upon death, drops them and then sends you to the Fugue Plane.))
Fhaeo'Lingi Mriht'Ess - Akh'Aegis of EDE
Tolan Faeglin - Morninglord of Lathander
Phar Anlith - Mercenary, Tracker, Information Broker
Adoros Battleheart - Ungraceful battlerager
Cain Gellantara - Knight Champion of Tempus
Davvry - Sneaks
Tolan Faeglin - Morninglord of Lathander
Phar Anlith - Mercenary, Tracker, Information Broker
Adoros Battleheart - Ungraceful battlerager
Cain Gellantara - Knight Champion of Tempus
Davvry - Sneaks
-
Passiflora
- Posts: 2230
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
- Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.
Re: Waking up in the Nexus (Not sure if this is the right fo
mireigi wrote:Ususally the most common cause for that is if you pick up the corpse of another player and then you die yourself. This causes a bug where you drop the corpse(s) you were carrying and remain alive yourself, however, the game still records your death and you will be sent to the Fugue Plane after the next reset.
If you were not carrying any corpses on you and subsequently died without actually dying (yes, it is confusing), then it's a bug and you should ask a DM for a XP refund.
((DMs, can we please get this bug fixed soon? The whole death-script is custom for the server, so it should be possible to make a change where it checks for corpses upon death, drops them and then sends you to the Fugue Plane.))
This is right, exept for one point.
DMs do not refound XP for death bugs. If a DM did refound it, he wasn't aware of this server rules for DMs.
Maecius wrote:Generally we do not refund deaths, outside of those resulting from a DM event. In regards to the "bug," it may be that Wretch teleported you back to their event instead of actually raising you? I don't know, Wretch can answer that.
If it was a "body-carry bug," though, do know that those aren't usually refunded.
Go home and be a familly cat!