2) Spell casting of a harmful nature will not be tolerated within the gates of the Friendly Arm Inn. Those in violation will be banned from re-entry.
(Again player responsibility is asked here. While we have no mechanical way to keep you out, if you are banished from the area, please abide that in your role play. Those who do not will be dealt with.)
I've noticed the "harmful nature" attribute in the law. Does this imply healing magic is allowed within the Friendly Arms Inn, in case of a major injury? Does this also imply spellcasting done to transform beetle shells into gold or potions also is allowed?
Or does Harmful nature assume that all spellcasting fall under it?
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and memories without fail - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
Last time I've read the rules of the friendly arms inn, spellcaster's and monk thumbs were supposed to be tied to one's belt, so no spellcasting at all would be tolerated whitin the inn. No weapons either.
I guess their law would be more severe if you disobey by using harmfull magic, though, compared to healing.
Hitman Hard wrote:Thing is everyone stubbornly refuses to Rp tied thumbs so the rule has no effect.
It's the DM's job to support these laws. If, as a character, you notice such behavior, you're allowed to take a screenshot and send it to the DM team, with perhaps a little RP telling Bentley Mirrorshade.
It may give these people a ban of entry from the FAI. Or not, depending on the case.
Might want to move the crafting table to outside the inn then as it requires you to cast a spell on the table for it to work. And yes that includes using the crafting wand that maltz sells.
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Passiflora wrote:Last time I've read the rules of the friendly arms inn, spellcaster's and monk thumbs were supposed to be tied to one's belt, so no spellcasting at all would be tolerated whitin the inn. No weapons either.
I guess their law would be more severe if you disobey by using harmfull magic, though, compared to healing.
This hardly can be true. Why place a station for shells etc. there, if you cannot cast spells? Or are all of us now supposed to buy those silly wands?
Truman Capote, Breakfast At Tiffany's "... - it's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear."
Passiflora wrote:Last time I've read the rules of the friendly arms inn, spellcaster's and monk thumbs were supposed to be tied to one's belt, so no spellcasting at all would be tolerated whitin the inn. No weapons either.
I guess their law would be more severe if you disobey by using harmfull magic, though, compared to healing.
This hardly can be true. Why place a station for shells etc. there, if you cannot cast spells? Or are all of us now supposed to buy those silly wands?
I would say it's a developper lore-mistake to have put those in there. It happens.
Passiflora wrote:Last time I've read the rules of the friendly arms inn, spellcaster's and monk thumbs were supposed to be tied to one's belt, so no spellcasting at all would be tolerated whitin the inn. No weapons either.
I guess their law would be more severe if you disobey by using harmfull magic, though, compared to healing.
This hardly can be true. Why place a station for shells etc. there, if you cannot cast spells? Or are all of us now supposed to buy those silly wands?
I would say it's a developper lore-mistake to have put those in there. It happens.
I'd disagree. The crafting wands are a substitute for an actual crafting mechanic. I don't think it counts as actually casting a spell.
Because it's a Flare. How would casting a Flare on a workbench with fire beetle shells on it create a potion of cure moderate wounds?
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep Nëa the Little Shadow Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep
Could the court yard of the FAI, once crossing the drawbridge, become its own map? If that could be done, could it then be set to a no magic zone, sort of like the no PVP zones? If possible maybe it could be scripted to remove helmets or hoods or masks that conceal the face, that way the law would be upheld and even if the person was new and didn't know the rule, it would be done for them. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about those times someone might forget to follow the mask rule, since it would remove it for you.
Just some thoughts. Not even sure its worth the effort or even possible.
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, House Lyonaler, Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan Bio, Journal
"A proper example is a greater weapon for Good than the sword."
-Aaron Lyonaler
I dislike "nomagic" zones, for they end up removing spells that are well hidden and may be critical for the character's ability to function.
I.e: bull's strength.
Bear's endurance might even kill a character if removed at the wrong time..
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and memories without fail - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.