Custom armor request

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:27 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Custom armor request

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day »

I want to have a custom armor appearance for my new dwarf, but I am entirely clueless on how to make it. Therefor if anyone is willing to give it a try we could maybe RP my dwarf commissioning you to make "alterations" to his fullplate. I would be willing to pay a hefty sum of gold for the work to be done.

On his right arm would be the thickest/heaviest dwarven steel plate armor possible. Covering all skin and ending with a plate gauntlet. This includes a large shoulder piece that adequitly protects his neck.

A belt with a large shield like armor piece similar to the one in this image. http://gabriel-verdon.deviantart.com/ar ... -302035538 It would once again be dwarven steel and hopefully have same image that is on the kraak helzak flags/capes.

The rest of it would be shirtless/armorless except for a tattoo of the symbol of Dumathoin on his back. This would cover his whole back. Other tattoos of glowing blue or red runic symbols would be welcome as well, especially if they could hover just off of his body.

I am not sure if this can be done but if so and you are interested in making it please let me know.
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.
Heinrich Von Rittermark; Everwatch Knights of Helm
Frederick Von Rittermark; Paladin of Azuth/Mystra
Erik Von Rittermark; Unknown
DM Nilbog
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Custom armor request

Unread post by DM Nilbog »

The slayer armor in game sort of has that look as for the other features you wanted we are sort of limited to the models we have in game.
Alezka Silverstone
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 am

Re: Custom armor request

Unread post by Alezka Silverstone »

would have to make the appearance on something like cloth, adding the other armor appearances via toolset...

otherwise, getting the 3d part of the shield on the belt model wise but a bare chest too.. just wouldn't be possible without someone going into 3ds and doing it from scratch

you'd have to comprimise one thing, either the shild like part on the fornt t being like cloth like/normal belt like.... or the tatoo's barechest part.

Aside from that, it can be done. Might be like a whole days work or more, to make it look nice, but the human model would be easier to work off then the dwarf, as in the toolset we couldn't easily see the dwarf version, but theres also something similiar to start from on the human model..
AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:27 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Re: Custom armor request

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day »

It would definitely have to be the dwarf, and if I had to compromise the belt I could but only if I could keep the armored arm as well as the tattoos.

*Edit: As mentioned the slayer armor kind of has this look. It might be possible to work from that and save some time.
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.
Heinrich Von Rittermark; Everwatch Knights of Helm
Frederick Von Rittermark; Paladin of Azuth/Mystra
Erik Von Rittermark; Unknown
User avatar
Cubicle
Retired Staff
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 am

Re: Custom armor request

Unread post by Cubicle »

Hidden: show
Image
I started messing around after I saw your picture. I'm not sure if the server supports this belt piece.
AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:27 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Re: Custom armor request

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day »

That is awesome looking xD

If you can add a few tattoos that would be perfect if not then do whatever it is that gets this in game and my dwarf will commission your character to make it : )
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.
Heinrich Von Rittermark; Everwatch Knights of Helm
Frederick Von Rittermark; Paladin of Azuth/Mystra
Erik Von Rittermark; Unknown
7threalm
Retired Staff
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am

Re: Custom armor request

Unread post by 7threalm »

Cubicle wrote:
Hidden: show
Image
I started messing around after I saw your picture. I'm not sure if the server supports this belt piece.
yes that belt piece is on the server, cubicle you are loading the 2da for server, so it's up to date :)
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)

Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”