How to deal with reimbursement and Armor bug?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

User avatar
Valleriani
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Location: Look Behind You.

How to deal with reimbursement and Armor bug?

Unread post by Valleriani »

Hey guys, I have a question.

Recently I realized my AC was a bit wonky (It was a bit higher then it should of been, so I went ahead and attempted to unequip my items and re-equip.) What ended up happening is I lost a ring and most importantly, the boots that go along with 'The Industrious Hands of Pim (item set - fighter)' .. I believe they are called 'The Industrious Feet of Pim' but I don't really remember.

I've already acknowledged that I can't get the items back from the bug which really stinks but, how exactly can I deal with this situation properly in the future? The issue here was that un-equipping items didn't give the actual name of the item lost, when I unequipped it, it simply didn't appear in my inventory. So in that situation there isn't any proof. Would I have to screenshot every item before I unequip it next time? Would this even be valid because it still doesn't claim 'I lost it' like a Change Appearance bug would, or is this just simply one deal that can't really be dealt with?


Also, is there a reason why sometimes my armor is higher or lower then what it should actually be (rest doesn't solve it, happens on reset) or a way to prevent that from happening? It isn't the first time it happened, so I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent that weirdness from happening.

Thanks!
Zerros Ozmir
Varon Hall
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: How to deal with reimbursement and Armor bug?

Unread post by DM Narshe »

A very good question about a fairly common issue.

Usually when equipment disappears, it's from using the Appearance Changer. Occasionally happens when switching equipment like you described and even when just walking around. There is always a message given in the chatlogs though.

Lost Item: The Industrious Hands of Pim (item set - fighter), for example. Screenshot this.

If this happens just send the screenshots in a PM to the DM staff here on the forums and try to catch one of them ingame. Just ask them about it and say the title of the PM you sent so they can find it easier (we get dozens of PMs daily and the inbox fills quick).

It's also a good habit to screenshot items you most treasure. Everyone has a few items they've collected that they prize. Also screenshot any items you've renamed if you want them replaced. DMs don't always know what the items were and are often inclined to not replace anything they can't confirm.

Ways to reduce losing an item is to unequip anything you're wearing that you don't wish to change the appearance of. This includes things without appearances such as rings. Just drop them in your inventory for a bit.

It's probably a good idea to try to do this when the server isn't at high capacity. Lag causes all kinds of strange things to happen and seems to make items disappearing much more frequent.

As to the increased armor, it's another lag-related bug. Usually it's not even really there, your character sheet just adds numbers and buffs wrong. Don't worry though, I've never heard of anyone having their armor dip lower than it would normally be because of this issue. Just think of it as "phantom" armor. :P

Return to “Questions for DMs”