DM Dhampirs events.

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM Dhampir
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:28 pm
Location: In your garden with binoculars

DM Dhampirs events.

Unread post by DM Dhampir »

Firstly, DMogorgon's has some great rules. So I hereby steal them for myself in addition to some of my own. -> And I stole this from Vilethings.

• Do not expect the game mechanics to replace Roleplaying: A strange one to put first but one that has caused some large issues. Don't expect a skill roll to solve the problem, track mode to somehow notify me you are tracking and so on. Always indicate what you are doing if you are expecting a response or input from me. Then wait. I cannot stress this enough, the DM client is not fast, nor is changing areas or reading several different conversations from groups who refuse to stick together in an event...

• Stick Together: Seriously. Do this. The only reason in an event you should have to not be in the same area and same conversation, is if it is meant to be private. In which case, don't use party chat, give me a short synopsis when you are done of what you care for me to know about the discussion.

• Do not run/change areas quickly: Without an RP reason for doing so. I need time to respond to your RP and prepare/make adjustments to the path ahead of/behind you. However, if the RP dictates it – and especially when combat starts – then by all means, run. This goes for changing areas quickly or without warning, especially when looking for input from me as to your actions.

• Be patient (Super Important): With me, and with your fellow players. Things will go wrong, always. There will be glitches and technical issues. RL will intervene. Do your best to roll with these punches. The larger the group, the more spread out you are, the more conversations being had and tells being sent, the more patience you need.

• Death: I find that nothing is more immersion-breaking than people being cut down, raised, and then immediately running off and being combat-capable once more. Therefore, if you die in one of my events... Confirm with me after the battle before raising or moving on once raised.

• Do NOT attack non-hostile NPC's - EVER: If a spawn is hostile, feel free, if a spawn is not hostile, DO NOT TRY ATTACK THEM. IF you wish to attack them, either emote your intent and/or send me a quick message in the DM channel that you intend to attack, then wait for instructions on how we will proceed.

• Declare Stealth: Not to the server of course, but to me. If you are in stealth, please mention it it in the DM channel (remember, you cannot hide from us). You don't need to do this every time you stealth, but declare it if it is pertinent to the event such as: scouting ahead, sneaking up on the camp, sneaking up on other PC's.

• Forum: Use it for best results. Write-up IC accounts or rumours of your events. Continuing RP on the forum (can) result in extra rewards from me, and possibly plot continuance with more events in the same arc.

Self added..

If you wish to role a skill, tell me what you are doing with it... I am not gonna react to a random search skill, or a random listen roll.. ( " Tries to pinpoint where the noise is coming from" *rolls listen* ) something like that is ideal! The "rolls listen" is ofc where you would roll.

Rest : I do not mind people resting in my events, BUT do not get mad if I spawn something on you, or I attack you before you are finished buffing. -> And remember, often you rest in a hostile area.. ;)

I hope you all will have fun, in my events.. And constructive criticism is all ways welcome! If you do have any, please send a PM to me on the forum. Or contact me IG after the event. I am not the worlds best DM and I do make mistakes, and there is all ways room to improve.. Together we can control the pouring awesomeness of this server!

Oh yea, I am a nice guy... I like being a nice guy, and I like to threat people like I want to be treated my self, but if you screw me over once.. Well... Bye bye mister nice guy!
“We can't stop here, this is bat country!”
― Hunter S. Thompson.

Return to “Archive”