Hello, I am looking for the advice of experienced NWN2 Area Builders, I am currently trying to make a co-op campaign for myself and my wife to enjoy. I work for the Railroad as a conductor, so I am consistently away from home, and the time we spend together is often made up of co-op gaming and movies. I wanted to surprise her with a custom made campaign for us to play through, however my Area Building skills are lacking as the last time I touched the Tool-set was 2009.
Well, I first did Marzipan's tutorials via you-tube, I felt that was a good starting point. It gave me a good set-up and know how to work with the tool-set, however I am still left with tons of questions... I have not even started the dive into editing 2da's.
My first roadblock was trying to get my first planned area done. I want the games intro to be an inbound ship scene, where my wife can explore the ship and get key-points of info for the quest to come. But, I can't quite figure out the ships parts, and how they should fit..
If anyone out there cares to help give me some tips, guidance, and support in this matter please let me know. I don't want anyone to do the lifting for me, I just want the know-how form people who know-how so that I can better accomplish my goals D:
I was told that this site hosted some of the best builders around by a friend who says he plays on your server. So, thanks in advance and have a great day.
Area Building Question, Boats and Stuff.
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Area Building Question, Boats and Stuff.
Sorry I missed your post here.
The first thing you want to do is get our builder module with all the hakpaks we use. It uses Heed's Boardable ships which are what have walkmeshes attached to them. And also there is the RWS Pocket Ships tileset to use for the interior. If you want the ship to look like it is moving, (I believe the intro to Storms of Zehir has a scene like that) you need to fiddle with the scrolling options on the water tab. Then on top of that, find the water VFX to give the impression of a wake crated by the boat in the water, with some splash fx at the front.
Hope that helps, I'll send you a link for the builder module.
Be sure to post if you're still unclear on things or I didnt properly answer your question.
The first thing you want to do is get our builder module with all the hakpaks we use. It uses Heed's Boardable ships which are what have walkmeshes attached to them. And also there is the RWS Pocket Ships tileset to use for the interior. If you want the ship to look like it is moving, (I believe the intro to Storms of Zehir has a scene like that) you need to fiddle with the scrolling options on the water tab. Then on top of that, find the water VFX to give the impression of a wake crated by the boat in the water, with some splash fx at the front.
Hope that helps, I'll send you a link for the builder module.
Be sure to post if you're still unclear on things or I didnt properly answer your question.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.