So I've gone as far as setting up a dedicated NWN2 server for use in my office for my next project.
Now I got nwnx4 running like clockwork - sql databases and all. This XP_Character plugin though, I can not get it to function correctly. At one point I was able to get the 'delete bik' command to work - but that's it.
Anyone have any advice for me? It's the same plugin we use on the server.
nwnx4 & XP_CHaracter
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
LordLP
- Posts: 213
- Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:01 am
nwnx4 & XP_CHaracter
Arcon Anatox - Councilor of the Silver Shield
Lilly Underburrow - Not much other then scared
Lilly Underburrow - Not much other then scared
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: nwnx4 & XP_CHaracter
I thought I had some work saved, but I can't find it.
I couldn't get it to work via nwnx_character.nss
But on the flip side I think there is a work around.
I was able to get BicFunctions.exe to work out of DOS.
I thought I had it all saved in a notepad exactly what I did, but I can't find it.
It may even have a help.. just execute it, I think the help comes up.
Or you have to get the string parameters from nwnx4_character.nss.
So in BootAndUpdateCharacter (see below).
I think you can take out that delay command which is having nwnx4 execute BicFunction.exe, and do it directly through DOS instead.
NWNX4 can run DOS programs.
To run something in DOS, you use nwnx_spawn.
This is an example you can look at.
I think you could just take this code and get it running with BicFuntions.exe
I couldn't get it to work via nwnx_character.nss
But on the flip side I think there is a work around.
I was able to get BicFunctions.exe to work out of DOS.
I thought I had it all saved in a notepad exactly what I did, but I can't find it.
It may even have a help.. just execute it, I think the help comes up.
Or you have to get the string parameters from nwnx4_character.nss.
So in BootAndUpdateCharacter (see below).
I think you can take out that delay command which is having nwnx4 execute BicFunction.exe, and do it directly through DOS instead.
NWNX4 can run DOS programs.
Code: Select all
void BootAndUpdateCharacter( object oPC ){
--> // Save the changes.
DelayCommand( 1.5, NWNXSetString( PLUGIN_NAME, "UPDATE", sBIC_Filename, 0, sBIC_Commands ) );To run something in DOS, you use nwnx_spawn.
This is an example you can look at.
I think you could just take this code and get it running with BicFuntions.exe
Code: Select all
#include "nwnx_spawn"
void DeleteBic(string sBic);
void main()
{
object oPC = GetPCSpeaker();
string sBic;
if (GetIsObjectValid(oPC))
{
sBic = GetBicFileName(oPC);
sBic = GetSubString(sBic, 12, GetStringLength(sBic) - 12);
sBic = SpawnEscape("C:|Documents and Settings|Administrator|My Documents|Neverwinter Nights 2|servervault|") + sBic + ".bic";
sBic = SpawnQuote(sBic);
BootPC(oPC);
DelayCommand(3.0, DeleteBic(sBic));
}
}
void DeleteBic(string sBic)
{
string sCommand;
sCommand = "cmd /c del /F /Q " + sBic;
SpawnProgram(sCommand);
}-
LordLP
- Posts: 213
- Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:01 am
Re: nwnx4 & XP_CHaracter
I finally got it working, thanks Luna!
Arcon Anatox - Councilor of the Silver Shield
Lilly Underburrow - Not much other then scared
Lilly Underburrow - Not much other then scared