Interior areas, I've some issues

Information and Discussion Relating to NWN2 Area Design

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Karond
Posts: 2221
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:47 am
Location: Sweden

Interior areas, I've some issues

Unread post by Karond »

I'm trying my hand at the toolset once more, and I made a very simple area (interior, 1 tile). I've added a starting location, the walkmesh appears fine, and the area is baked. Yet 80% of the time when I try to run the module, either from the toolset or starting up the game as normal, it crashes. The few times I manage to get in to the area, it's extremely laggy and the character sometimes makes Leonardo DiCaprios "I can fly with outstretched arms"-move.

What basic thing am I missing? :(

Kind regards,

// Karond
Ivan38Rus
Retired Staff
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Interior areas, I've some issues

Unread post by Ivan38Rus »

Try it with a clean override folder.
User avatar
LISA100595
Retired Staff
Posts: 5202
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Interior areas, I've some issues

Unread post by LISA100595 »

You may need the builders module to start with.. It has all the haks that BG uses already in it. Just send a pm to Luna to ask for it. :) Also there are lots of NWN2 Toolset guides online and on PDF that you can look up to make sure you've got all the basics covered. :)
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
User avatar
Blackman D
Retired Staff
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Interior areas, I've some issues

Unread post by Blackman D »

which OS do you have?

even without the BG stuff the default toolset shouldnt run that bad, i wanna say there was some issue with the toolset on a few of the OSs, it was made for winXP i think and ones after that didnt install something automatically, or somethin like that and it caused the toolset to either not load at all or just crash a lot

was some file on the nwn2 disc the toolset needed that you had to install manually, but i cant remember which :?

i do remember lots of people complaining about it when they upgraded OS tho, i even had the problem, the not loading at all part

*i did a search for it, most crashes was bc the toolset needs its version of direct x 9.0c, which is what you had to install from the disc manually, it co works with any higher version so it shouldnt cause other issues, i would try that and see if it helps, sound like thats what your problem is tho
everyone is evil till proven otherwise

Return to “NWN2 Area Design”