Use magic item and non-class gear question

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

shadedwonder
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:24 am

Use magic item and non-class gear question

Unread post by shadedwonder »

Thanks for your time in reading this!

I have a question concerning character requisites.


I've a character who is a brawler build. (I find monks to be a bit too easy to play) The first time I built her I included rogue levels, but later decided I want to change her up a bit. I re-made her, recycling her experience points into a newer version, choosing not to use rogue as part of it. When I leveled her back to where she was previously, I noticed that she was unable to use gauntlets of crushing or flame gloves which are both categorized as monk items. She was originally able to equip those and I'm pretty sure it's because of the amount of points I had in the use magic item skill.

Did not using rogue make it to where she'll not be able to equip those again, or do I just need to put more points into use magic item?

Currently, she is cross classed with a total level of 11 with an 8 on use magic item skill.
Bilal: Nice, unassuming merchant
Nashira Faine: WonderWoman-esque brawler
Donovan Gann: Brooding warrior
Valora Gann: Wild card with a big axe
Kaelia Klennen: Nerd/Weaponmaster (Staff)
DM Mouse
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Use magic item and non-class gear question

Unread post by DM Mouse »

I don't remember the precise ranks you need but I believe it's somewhere around 15 or 16. Someone will reply shortly with the correct details I'm sure.
DM Mouse
Please be sure you are up to date with Server Rules & Information (updated Aug. 25th, 2014), these also apply to the forums!
Of particular interest are the Forum Rules which everyone posting here must know.

Return to “Questions for DMs”