Stealth check upon entering inn.

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

User avatar
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor
Posts: 6603
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:10 pm
Location: VIKING NORWAY!

Stealth check upon entering inn.

Unread post by Deathgrowl »

When I'm playing Nëa (my shadowdancer), I enter an inn outside of stealth I often get the "some people turn to look at you" message. If I enter in stealth, however, I get a hide/ms check. Which I always succeed.

What does this represent? Does it mean that none of the NPCs noticed me entering?
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
User avatar
DM Golem
Posts: 8842
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Re: Stealth check upon entering inn.

Unread post by DM Golem »

It represents your character not being noticed upon entering the inn - that is to say, coming in through the doorway. The DCs are automated.

As always with stealth RP in populated areas caution should be used to avoid metagaming NPCs. While slipping into and perhaps through the bar can be justified, sustained or unusual actions - basically, a change of circumstances - would not be covered by this roll.

Return to “Questions for DMs”