Conversation bug

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Maximvs
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:45 pm

Conversation bug

Unread post by Maximvs »

My toolset simply does not show all my options in a conversation. I can't add scripts via the action and condition tab!

Here is what I have :

Image

Image

That is after pressing "add" to add a script and condition. Here is what it's supposed to look like :

Image

Image

As you can see, my buddy's toolset has all options while I don't. Why?

I read two different conversation pdf manuals, they both talk as if the options are supposed to be there.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling NWN 2 entirely.

I tried going in the tempdata local stuff folder and cleared my toolset settings.

I tried removing all my plugins.

I tried taking an hour pause and hoping it would fix by itself.

I tried right clicking all over the place.

I tried starting it in compatibility mode ( windows xp ). Also tried starting as administrator.

What is wrong?
MmmmMMMMmmm, tasty humanz, hmmmmMMM!!!
Ivan38Rus
Retired Staff
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Conversation bug

Unread post by Ivan38Rus »

Could be one of the .Net libraries missing. You should basically install every .Net and C++ runtime libraries you can find on MSDN website. That includes both x64 and x86 releases...
User avatar
Maximvs
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Conversation bug

Unread post by Maximvs »

I solved the problem by installing windows 8.1 on my other drive. It works there. I suppose there's a problem with Vista. I tried it all before resorting to windows 8.1
MmmmMMMMmmm, tasty humanz, hmmmmMMM!!!

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”