So I'm trying to make a very small area. (Two rooms and a hallway. Probably a total of 30 tiles in area.) Aaand I'm learning that I'm very bad at it. Some things I make look cluttered, other are bare and open, and the entire place looks very sterile. I handed the module to one of our builders for tweaking to make it more player-friendly.
He gave it back to me after an hour or two of work, and it was full of a million details I never even knew I could put in. I'm trying to make a list of all the things I've noticed changed and trying to see the patterns to how he's set up all the placeables, but this is totally beyond me. Are there any tips or general guidelines I should follow to make my areas a bit more lifelike and enjoyable? I really want to be able to produce some content, but there's sooo much to learn. Should I just stick to scripting?
Tips for novice builder?
Information and Discussion Relating to NWN2 Area Design
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
-
gedweyignasia
- Custom Content
- Posts: 1353
- Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:27 pm
- Location: EST/UTC-4
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
Jump to
- Baldur's Gate : The Sword Coast Chronicles
- ↳ Announcements and Community Information
- ↳ Archive
- ↳ Server Rules and Content
- ↳ Archive
- ↳ Supporting BG:TSCC
- ↳ Archive
- ↳ Coming Soon
- ↳ Archive
- Community General
- ↳ General Discussion
- ↳ Archive
- ↳ Tips & Tricks
- ↳ Character Building
- ↳ Gameplay Guides
- ↳ Roleplaying Guides
- ↳ Archive
- ↳ Gallery
- ↳ Non-Canon Creative Writing
- ↳ Lore of the Lands
- ↳ Community
- Community Roleplaying
- ↳ Dungeon Master Realms
- ↳ Archive
- ↳ Questions for DMs
- ↳ The 1360 (2024) Campaign - Year of the Turret
- ↳ The 1347 (2011) Campaign
- ↳ The 1348 (2012) Campaign
- ↳ The 1349 (2013) Campaign
- ↳ The 1350 (2014) Campaign
- ↳ The 1351 (2015) Campaign
- ↳ The 1352 (2016) Campaign
- ↳ The 1353 (2017) Campaign
- ↳ The 1354 (2018) Campaign
- ↳ The 1355 (2019) Campaign
- ↳ The 1356 (2020) Campaign
- ↳ The 1357 (2021) Campaign
- ↳ The 1358 (2022) Campaign
- ↳ The 1359 (2023) Campaign
- ↳ The Marketplace
- ↳ Marketplace - Archive
- ↳ Want Ads
- ↳ Sword Coast Roleplay
- ↳ OOC Discussion (Surface)
- ↳ Upperdark Roleplay
- ↳ OOC Discussion (Upperdark)
- ↳ Underdark Roleplay
- ↳ OOC Discussion (Underdark)
- ↳ Character Biographies and Journals
- ↳ Character Biographies
- Community Technical
- ↳ NWN2 Toolset Development
- ↳ NWN2 Scripting
- ↳ NWN2 Area Design
- ↳ Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues
- ↳ Issues
- ↳ Fixed (Live Next Update)
- ↳ Currently Under Review
- ↳ Logging In
- ↳ Forums
- ↳ Archive
- ↳ Solved Problems
- ↳ Not fixable/hardcoded
- ↳ Suggestions and Discussion
- ↳ Forums
- ↳ Areas
- ↳ Mechanics
- ↳ Quests
- ↳ Rules
- ↳ Media
- ↳ Closed Suggestions