I have made a somewhat unique build which I look forward to playing, however to roleplay all three of the classes present exactly as they are described would be difficult. Here is the build:
http://nwn2db.com/build/?207872
To be more clear, how strict is the server on changing of class RP? Can a Dwarven Fist of the Forest be sworn to a life of extreme simplicity/humility, or must the oath have animalistic and forest protection elements? I had hoped to meld the Monk, Defender, and FoF elements to make him a Dwarf who had surrendered his rights to possessions and comforts so that he could serve a certain cause/person/deity with single minded devotion.
Interpretation of 'Playing what is on Character Sheet' rule
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Bubbajoe
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:18 pm
Interpretation of 'Playing what is on Character Sheet' rule
I used to create flaming edgelords. Hopefully my characters have some depth now.
Piotr Groll, Damaran half-orc hunter "First thing Groll did is kill his mum. People never forgive Groll. Groll never did either."
Piotr Groll, Damaran half-orc hunter "First thing Groll did is kill his mum. People never forgive Groll. Groll never did either."
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Interpretation of 'Playing what is on Character Sheet' r
It's mostly up to you, in this case. Some players adhere strictly to PnP definitions and others prefer a little more flexibility. Things such as druids wearing metal immediately comes to mind..
Fist of the Forest is described as the meeting point between monks and barbarians. Monks find this path through close associations with nature and perfection of ones primal self.
It seems to fit your build well enough but if you're having concerns about whether it's completely adhering to the class lore, you could just roleplay some nature elements. One of the Fists of the Forest I remember in the past used to carry a pouch of soil and rub his palms with soil from time to time.
Fist of the Forest is described as the meeting point between monks and barbarians. Monks find this path through close associations with nature and perfection of ones primal self.
It seems to fit your build well enough but if you're having concerns about whether it's completely adhering to the class lore, you could just roleplay some nature elements. One of the Fists of the Forest I remember in the past used to carry a pouch of soil and rub his palms with soil from time to time.
-
Bubbajoe
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:18 pm
Re: Interpretation of 'Playing what is on Character Sheet' r
I had planned on doing the whole 'eat only what I can hunt/gather myself' and 'sleep in natural environments' part anyway.
Thanks for your answer, Narshe!
Thanks for your answer, Narshe!
I used to create flaming edgelords. Hopefully my characters have some depth now.
Piotr Groll, Damaran half-orc hunter "First thing Groll did is kill his mum. People never forgive Groll. Groll never did either."
Piotr Groll, Damaran half-orc hunter "First thing Groll did is kill his mum. People never forgive Groll. Groll never did either."