Some gameplay questions

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Dissonant
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:00 am

Some gameplay questions

Unread post by Dissonant »

Hi!
Dizzy here, new guy here, I'm about to play with you guys soon and wanted to ask a few lore and gameplay related questions so I get a better grasp of things here!

Anyhow...

Gameplay-wise
1) I'm aware most members of the community here have been playing for a long while (would not be surprised to see many high level PCs because lots of time was put into them :D ), but what seems to be average level of player characters here?

2) How fast is the leveling a character here? [or a better phrasing] how slow is level progression in your server? (side note: not that I care how fast it is, I'm just curious about the pacing of character progression)

3) I've been checking out and doing my 'homework' on the forum rules and so forth and ya'll have an extensive ruleset for PvP (which I like, super fair!). So from your experience how frequent do PCs, guilds etc go into such scenarios?

4) At what time and day do most people normally go online?

5) What's the system of PC houses, if there is any?

6) I'm aware you want to keep RP within a PG-13 context, so what's the general stance on verbal profanities, cussing and swear words?

Thanks for reading!
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Some gameplay questions

Unread post by DM Narshe »

1) Probably around lvl 20.

2) Levelling depends quite a bit on the style of player. Some people never reach lvl 30. Others reach it in less than a month. Generally, getting to lvl 20 isn't too difficult. Goes by pretty fast sometimes. 20-30 can take considerably longer.

3) It really seems that these incidents follow certain PCs around. Some of these PCs are involved in guilds but no one outstanding. It's about what you'd expect from the attitudes of certain characters that they would provoke more fights than others. Rarely is it guild vs guild, despite what the players might identify as.

On average? Probably 2-3 PvPs a day. Most of them are minor. Once a week or two will there be a complicated one that requires DMs to pick through.

4) Server seems to have peak population around 20:00 GMT, plus or minus 3 hours. Basically afternoon and evenings USA-time, early night for Europe. Population varies a lot based on time of year as well. Tend to notice "holiday" and summer slumps in population.

5) Currently, PC housing isn't specific to one character. Guilds that have been around long enough, have active players and roleplay accordingly can work towards getting a personalized guild area put in for them. Many of these are private and can only be accessed by members of the guild. Other areas are public (or have some public component at least) and are scattered around the server.

Return to “Questions for DMs”