Whirlwind rage working properly?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
ANIUM
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:22 am
Whirlwind rage working properly?
I just rolled a barbarian with the whirlwind rage variant and when i activate it I notice the damage going up, but not the To-hit Mod. Is that a bug?
-
Ghost
- DM
- Posts: 7509
- Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:12 pm
Re: Whirlwind rage working properly?
Hello, Ainum!
No, I'm afraid it is not a bug, and here's why:
Subject: New Feats
At level 11 barbarian, however, the strength bonus increases to +6 and so you will get an increase in AB of +1.
It was also already explained by Valefort here: http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=47235
But now you have a DM confirming it. Marvelous!
No, I'm afraid it is not a bug, and here's why:
Subject: New Feats
It means that your +4 strength addition will give you higher damage (+2 if onehanding, +3 if twohanding) and higher AB (+2). But at the same time, you're getting a -2 penalty to AB, so in effect you're getting no change in AB, as they cancel each other out.Administrator wrote:he temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength
(...)
but this attack takes a -2 penalty
At level 11 barbarian, however, the strength bonus increases to +6 and so you will get an increase in AB of +1.
It was also already explained by Valefort here: http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=47235
But now you have a DM confirming it. Marvelous!