RP related Druid things

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Zethrenx99
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: USA, MI.

RP related Druid things

Unread post by Zethrenx99 »

Hello, I have a few questions regarding Druids in the Forgotten Realms setting and some other bits of helpful information.

So First off is a question on Druids and Deity's. I understand in the Forgotten realms lore it says that druids have a patron nature Deity, my question is: does a druids "worship" of a nature deity the same as a clerics, or in what ways do druids differ from clerics in this regard. and can Druids simply follow the aspect of nature the deity represents so long as they stay in the deity's dogma?

Secondly, i'm curious about the Primal Force. Is this is a thing in the Forgotten Realms lore and how this plays a role in Druids and druid RP.

Thirdly, I have some confusion with Wildshapes and elemental shapes. First off, Does the druid gain all extraordinary abilities associated with the new form (I.E. Scent for wolves) as far as RP is concerned? Also, When a druid assumes a form that doesn't naturally speak common, Like an Elemental or Magical Beast, Can the druid? Or at the least is this something that would require a bit of training from the druid to achieve. (In specific forms that speak other languages but not common in particular like elementals, dragons, treants ect.)

My last Question is Related to the Animal Language. I've been told and have witnessed contradictory things when it comes to using Animal where some say "its not really a language so you cant use it like that" whiles others speak with great wisdom in lengthy paragraphs. I'ts my understanding that the animal language is a combination of animal sounds with body language to convey specific ideas or emotions, Should I just continue using it as a normal language under this pretext or should i limit what i say to very simple one or two word phrases?

Any information is greatly appreciated :D
Keneki Koga- Fighting his inner devil. RETIRED
Emma Sxn'Tubxs- Suppressing her emotions.Theme!
Yuki- Probably sniffing you from a distance.
Koga: Wolf doing wolf things!
Varus Montell- Probably blowing himself up with a new bomb

Return to “Questions for DMs”