GOG Download & Multiplayer CD-Key Bug

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

User avatar
Bad Omens
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:52 am

GOG Download & Multiplayer CD-Key Bug

Unread post by Bad Omens »

Has anyone else run across this issue and if so, how can it be fixed.
I just got a new laptop and downloaded NWN2 complete but it tells me the CD keys do not work for multiplayer.

Halp me, halp me please :!:
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: GOG Download & Multiplayer CD-Key Bug

Unread post by Maecius »

I think the last person I talked to about this had to contact GOG customer service to get issued new keys.

Just to confirm, though, what is the game telling you when you try to log onto multiplayer? And is the error when you try to log onto multiplayer, or when you try to log onto the BG:TSCC server?

Finally, are you using the client extension (http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn ... -extension)?
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: GOG Download & Multiplayer CD-Key Bug

Unread post by Nomster »

Check that the CD-keys are in the right order in your directory (something like C:\GOG Games\Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete)

The file you want to check is the nwncdkey.ini

1 - Original
2 - Mask of the Betrayer
3 - Storm of Zehir


This might not be the issue but is good to check to make sure it is not.
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: GOG Download & Multiplayer CD-Key Bug

Unread post by Maecius »

This issue is fixed. Hurrah!
User avatar
Bad Omens
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:52 am

Re: GOG Download & Multiplayer CD-Key Bug

Unread post by Bad Omens »

Yup, now I just have to figure out how to get the updater to allow me to download the campaign file, of .cam file :roll:
Tsidkenu

Re: GOG Download & Multiplayer CD-Key Bug

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

I actually made a post about this very thing in tips and tricks. I will hotlink it later when I get home if one of the mods wants to move it somewhere more noticeable?
Baltazr
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:56 am

Re: GOG Download & Multiplayer CD-Key Bug

Unread post by Baltazr »

I am having the same issue:

"unable to download 'campaign.CAM' from any supplied location. please contact your system administrator..."

I recently experienced a major crash, to the extent that I had to buy a new computer. I downloaded the same files I played on from Steam...I can access the other servers that I use to frequent, but I cannot enter BG. Load screen stops with the above message.

Any help would be appreciated
PJtheFey
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:58 am
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam

Re: GOG Download & Multiplayer CD-Key Bug

Unread post by PJtheFey »

As of one month ago, after you download from GOG you have to first find the main CD key on their web site, then send an email to their customer service indicating that you want to play multiplayer and they didn't include the necessary expansion keys. They are going to want the one key they did give you so, you should save yourself 24 hours and provide it in the first email.

For me the whole process took two emails, with approximately a one day response time for each.
Tsidkenu

Re: GOG Download & Multiplayer CD-Key Bug

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

I did discover this with my GOG download copy all that time ago. Not sure if it will solve the present problem, but it did in my case.

Return to “Questions for DMs”