How to tell if DMs are online?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

fearknight2003
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:53 pm

How to tell if DMs are online?

Unread post by fearknight2003 »

The problem is, I need to RCR my character. How do I tell if a DM is online so I can ask to be teleported to the Nexus?
It was a fun year (I think). Bye.
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: How to tell if DMs are online?

Unread post by DM Narshe »

If you look through the "Player Chat" window, it should list everyone logged in by their character name. DMs log in with their DM identity as a character name, so it usually lists them there.

Player chat window can be opened with the NNN2 Eye icon (usually on the bottom left) and then clicked to open.
fearknight2003
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Re: How to tell if DMs are online?

Unread post by fearknight2003 »

ON A SIMILAR SUBJECT...
I made a new char with the same name because I'm RCRing for a class change, but the original Andristin wasn't RCRed yet because no DMs were on that I could ask for help. Now in Character Select, only the original Andristin is there.
The problem is the other one has all my items.
((Aidan Thatcher helped me move the items))
Will the newer one appear after the original is RCR'd?
It was a fun year (I think). Bye.
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: How to tell if DMs are online?

Unread post by DM Narshe »

Have a DM change your new characters name to something different, then wait for the server to reset (or really nicely ask the DM to reset the server if they're not doing anything)

That should set you up with two different characters so that you can RCR the old one and reclaim the experience with the new one. Then ask a DM to have your name changed back to the original character.


It's sort of a workaround for how the game engine reads from the server vault. One .bic file seems to overwrite other similarly named ones. They're still stored, but not available to be selected to play.

Return to “Questions for DMs”