Okay so I'm fairly new to the server, but I've been playing for the past week or so with no issues.
And today I go to login and it says my CD key is in use.
If I get a new CD key will I still be able to play my old character?
CD Key is in use?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Maecius
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 11639
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Re: CD Key is in use?
If you're using a "public" CD key -- one you pulled from a website or forum somewhere -- or were just given your CD key by a friend -- then it might already be in use if someone else is doing the same thing. It's a small world in the NWN2 community!
If you purchase a new CD key, PM the "Head DM" group and someone can get your account reassociated with the new CD key.
Otherwise you just have to try to log on when the other person isn't on. (They will receive the same error if you are on, however, when they are trying to load the game.) Obviously it's best to have a unique CD key that's yours and yours alone. GOG.com puts the game on sale for as little as $4 every few months.
If you purchase a new CD key, PM the "Head DM" group and someone can get your account reassociated with the new CD key.
Otherwise you just have to try to log on when the other person isn't on. (They will receive the same error if you are on, however, when they are trying to load the game.) Obviously it's best to have a unique CD key that's yours and yours alone. GOG.com puts the game on sale for as little as $4 every few months.
r e s o u r c e s :
- BG:TSCC Wiki
- Community News
- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC