UD Players on the Surface!

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Roasmas
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:07 pm

UD Players on the Surface!

Unread post by Roasmas »

Hi there, I'm looking to play a Deep Imaskari conjuration specialist who likes to "travel." I'm building him up to be able to teleport to the surface and roleplay with surface characters. I had a couple of questions about all of this if that is ok.

1. Is it possible to "bind" to a surface point, like to Beregost so I can just stay on the surface if I wanted to?

2. I understand that "UD" players are "KOS" on the surface, but I don't understand to what extent we are talking. Drow is a pretty straight forward thing. Black skin, white hair, pointy ears, and lots of spiders? Burn it to death and salt the earth! How does this apply to the Imaskari though? I understand that they are not well known to surface races and don't generally carry the same stigma as drow. How do we RP that out? Also, what kind of checks for recognition do we need?

3. I can't seem to find any threads explaining the teleport DC anymore. Can someone either re-explain that or find the old thread and sticky it somewhere?

4. Are there any other rules pertaining to UD and Surface interations I should know about? I'm a little tired and it is getting hard to think now.

thanks guys!
User avatar
Cubicle
Retired Staff
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 am

Re: UD Players on the Surface!

Unread post by Cubicle »

1. I don't believe the location binders work properly for UD races. Test it, see what happens.

2. I originally played a Deep Imaskari which was practically invisible on the surface. I rarely traveled to the surface, but when I did, no one attacked me. Been meta-gamed a couple times (which was new to me), but I was able to conclude my business before going back down, no problems.

3. http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=28069 and http://bgtscc.wikia.com/wiki/Teleportation I usually hoofed it up to the surface, but teleportation works too. :?

4. Since you are an UD race, you can't simply stroll up to the surface without first having an RP reason to be there (the way the rules are now). When I first traveled to the Surface as an Imaskari, alongside another Imaskari, we RP'd really poor common. Also, if you want a human-like character and want to live on the surface, I recommend making a human (they have better feats).

Return to “Questions for DMs”