Inquiry on inclusion of characterscreen.xml in hak file

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

TokenOfLuck
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Inquiry on inclusion of characterscreen.xml in hak file

Unread post by TokenOfLuck »

OOC:
So.. Any reason why this is included in the hak files?

I only ask because I'm attempting to increase the size of the UI with my new monitor/graphics card, and it seems that because this file is included in the hak files, I'm unable to make any modifications. At first I thought there was some customization being done on your guys end, but after comparing the file in the hak to the original I'm not seeing any changes.

I understand that locking down certain files from change is extremely important from a cheating/exploitation perspective, but I was curious if there was a reason (and if not could be changed :D) for the inclusion of the file or if it was sort of a "why not this too" thing.

No details needed just a yay, nay, or "huh" would suffice.

IC:
*coughs and prostrates himself. Upon raising his arms wide to the sky he shouts..*

I beg of thee mighty dev gods, I question not your omnipotence, but my quality of life suffers! If thy deem it necessary for the good of the realm, I shall suffer with dignity and pride!
User avatar
Endelyon
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:24 am

Re: Inquiry on inclusion of characterscreen.xml in hak file

Unread post by Endelyon »

This shouldn't actually stop you from modifying your UI. I used to play the game in like 2560x1440 and I had to scale all the UI elements up because everything was so tiny I couldn't see it, to my recollection it worked fine.
User avatar
Theodore01
Recognized Donor
Posts: 2927
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Inquiry on inclusion of characterscreen.xml in hak file

Unread post by Theodore01 »

HappyDays
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:58 pm

Re: Inquiry on inclusion of characterscreen.xml in hak file

Unread post by HappyDays »

Endelyon wrote:This shouldn't actually stop you from modifying your UI. I used to play the game in like 2560x1440 and I had to scale all the UI elements up because everything was so tiny I couldn't see it, to my recollection it worked fine.
It breaks my UI mods also.
User avatar
Ambaryerno
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Re: Inquiry on inclusion of characterscreen.xml in hak file

Unread post by Ambaryerno »

HappyDays wrote:
Endelyon wrote:This shouldn't actually stop you from modifying your UI. I used to play the game in like 2560x1440 and I had to scale all the UI elements up because everything was so tiny I couldn't see it, to my recollection it worked fine.
It breaks my UI mods also.
Same here. Anything defined by the server HAK files will override the local files.
Julia "la Belle" - Duelist, singer, and shameless flirt. Currently deciding whether she wants to fight you or @$%& you.
Julia's Songbook

Lucia Kayla - If her parents find out she left the Island she'll likely be grounded until she's 500.
User avatar
Ambaryerno
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Re: Inquiry on inclusion of characterscreen.xml in hak file

Unread post by Ambaryerno »

Sorry for the necro, but I'm looking to get back to playing again, and after logging in just to check out my character and remember what's what I found this is still an issue. The menus being defined by the HAK overrides the UI Resolution patches, making some things (IE PC Tools) impossible to read (in my case the text is enlarged, but the PC Tools UI ISN'T. Which means none of the text displays).

I have a 4K display and play in Windowed mode for the Client Extension, so I really need to use the UI patches for the menus to be legible (if I change to a lower resolution in Windowed mode I just get a small window. And if I turn off Windowed mode the game does rather naughty things if I ALT-Tab to access the Client Extension).
Julia "la Belle" - Duelist, singer, and shameless flirt. Currently deciding whether she wants to fight you or @$%& you.
Julia's Songbook

Lucia Kayla - If her parents find out she left the Island she'll likely be grounded until she's 500.

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”