What is the current, DM-Approved weather on the SwordCoast?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

User avatar
Hoihe
Posts: 4719
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm

What is the current, DM-Approved weather on the SwordCoast?

Unread post by Hoihe »

I see characters wearing clothes ranging from thick furs to skimpy fantasy wear. I wonder if I should keep casting my Endure Elements or complain about being cold. Which is it? Cold, warm, lukewarm? What kind of clothes would NPCs wear at this time?
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
User avatar
DM Arkanis
Posts: 825
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:31 am

Re: What is the current, DM-Approved weather on the SwordCoa

Unread post by DM Arkanis »

Hoihe wrote:I see characters wearing clothes ranging from thick furs to skimpy fantasy wear. I wonder if I should keep casting my Endure Elements or complain about being cold. Which is it? Cold, warm, lukewarm? What kind of clothes would NPCs wear at this time?
I'd say play the map? If there is snow, it's cold. If it is sunny and you are not standing in a desert, then temperate. Someone is wearing a pile of furs standing in front of the FAI may be cold, because they are from a warmer climate and not used to the milder temperatures. Someone scantily clad in a blizzard may have infernal blood and not feel the cold the way others do.

If you are my wife IRL, and it is 84F (29C) and you are freezing cold, who knows...?

I don't think we are really in a position to do a map-by-map temperature gauge though but I applaud your RP - if you feel casting Endure Elements on yourself adds to the effect, by all means continue to do so.

Ark

Return to “Questions for DMs”