Guidelines
Important informations:1. After entering a location wait for my first emote - this way I can describe to you the situation and the surroundings you find yourselves in.
2. Do not run and if not necessary do not split into smaller groups - DM client is very limited, I can't be in two places at once
3. Ask if resting is allowed - There are situations in which your character might find yourself more endangered while resting than not.
4. There are always consequences to your actions - both good and bad, and for evil, good, chaotic or lawful act, your alignment will receive points in appropriate direction.
5. Do not roll dices before I ask you to do so - Then I can tell you the DC, if it is not a secret one.
6. I like to put empthasis on creating a story rather than creating a swarm of enemies for characters to slay, though there are moments I run such events. At times your character might find yourself in a dire situation that has nothing to do with defeating an enemy monster present in game (traps, riddles, mysteries, magical anomalies or magical artefacts).
7. Characters which fall in combat are to be treated as unconcious, unless I say otherwise. The cost for raising the dead companion will always consume a diamond in your possession, if you have any. If not, you will be unable to perform raise dead.
8. I treat spells within my events as per their PnP description and mechanics. You may require access to arcane/divine focuses which your class requires to perform a particular spell to make it work (such as silver mirror for arcane scrying spell).
9. Most plots I create can be joined by keeping an eye out for rumours and posts, both in game and on forums (DM Rumours threads), and by informing me what your character wishes to do in regards to it.
~~~~~~
Availability
My timezone is GMT+1(+2 on summer), though my dmtime is flexible and I appear at random hours before 22 GMT, unless scheduled for an event.
~~~~~~
How to contact me:
Mostly through the PMs on Forum.
~~~~~~
Introduction&About me:
Hello!
You'll know me as DM Soulcatcher. I began playing on nwn2 almost 5 years ago and through that time I can honestly say that I have learned a lot about roleplaying, D&D, Forgotten Realms and english language itself, as it is not my native language.
I'm a die-hard fan of fantasy genre, I like reading a lot of books and Roleplaying Games are my hobby. I like symphonic music and power metal alike, though I also listen to various soundtracks from other games and usually have nwn2 muted out completely. I'm not as knowledgable about Forgotten Realms setting as I would like, but I try to learn more each day to hone my DMing skills in creating enjoyable stories. I am not a wizard of the DM Client and there will be times I will make some hilariously bad mistake (i'm already sorry!), but if you are in my events- you can expect flashy vfx'es, the list of which I am using I keep expanding from time to time. I typically like to create dungeon crawls, adventures with dark atmosphere and events that can give field for character development.
I try not to create an -overly- epic adventures, so don't expect fighting balors, dragons, obirynths, princes of Nine Hells or the like at a daily basis. When you face such a foe in my event- they will be appropriately strong to reflect their power in Forgotten Realms setting, and their powers may be more than what can be represented by mechanics in game (AC, AB, HP, etc.). Within my events, the player characters have complete freedom of how they wish to act, and how they want to take the plot I have presented and to which end. If you want to betray your employer and join the vampire lord to create mass villany- go ahead, but always be ready for consequences of your actions. Some of what you would wish to do might simply not be possible, realistically and by setting, or sometimes your plans might fail. Plan carefully!
Heavy involvement in plots is always rewarded one way or another, whether by an epic item or gaining of fame/infamy and influence among certain circles. I reward roleplay and efforts put into stories we both create. Criticism and feedback is always welcome, as my goal is to bring you enjoyment!
Have fun roleplaying and happy time on the server!