Quick DM question

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

User avatar
Serendipity
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:38 am

Quick DM question

Unread post by Serendipity »

Good day DM team,

I am fortunate to have found a Mithril Full Plate. Unfortunately the model (appearance when worn) is not ideal.

I tried to change it in Maltz' shop, but there were no model options and I got a message saying DM support was needed for the change.

I checked with DM Spartacus, who was kind enough to try to help, but neither of us was certain how to do it. The DM suggested there was a 'colour changing tool' available from some merchants, but I don't think it's a colour issue.

Could you possibly confirm if DM support is needed, or if there is another way to change the model?

Many thanks,

Seren
__________________
Oona Brighteye Den Mother
Brand Servant of Justice
Retch A wretch
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Quick DM question

Unread post by Maecius »

If it does not have any appearance options, it may not be plugged into the appearance changer.

A DM can probably help by creating an item with identical stats and having you change its appearance (or changing it for you). After exchanging you the current item.

If that doesn't work, you may need to edit its appearance through the toolset.
User avatar
Serendipity
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:38 am

Re: Quick DM question

Unread post by Serendipity »

Thanks for the response, Maecius.

I've managed to resolve it. Turns out the Appearance Changer tool was exactly what I needed!

Brilliant piece of kit!

I can now lay claim to the finest looking armour in the game :)
__________________
Oona Brighteye Den Mother
Brand Servant of Justice
Retch A wretch

Return to “Questions for DMs”