My latest alt is getting settled in Baldur's Gate.
I RP her staying at the Elfsong when not roaming around the region.
Now she has developed her skills as an alchemist and her suite at the Elfsong is no longer an ideal spot for her to make her potions, brews and alchemist fire. The staff are complaining about strange coloured smoke and odd smells and also dizzying fumes coming from her room. There has been some minor explosions, nothing larger than a firecracker- but still a disturbance. And there may have been a controlled fire at one point that sort of became a tiny bit uncontrolled. No worries though, it was dealt with- for a nominal fee, it has been agreed, that it will never be mentioned.
Suffice it to say I should fine a better spot to do my work.
But where does a new comer to BG go to practice onces craft?
Any suggestions?
This is sort of a more specific version of the 'player personal housing topic'
Any thoughts on me finding a place I can squat- find a map maybe I could pretend to use?
Any abandoned Labratories out there? Can anyone recommed a spot?
A space I can say I can rent out maybe?
Whats the policy regarding RP using an existing area as their own spot?
Failing finding a location-
Is it possible to have a lab created? What would be the costs involved be do do somthing like this?
Or-
Any guilds, factions, churches or any other place that would offer said services?
I feel kind of silly asking about all this, but I feel if I am going to be an RPing an alchemist I should have a place I can at least call my laboratory- even if mechanically I do not actually need one.
I need a Laboratory
Moderators: Moderator, DM
-
Tekill
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:12 am
- Location: BC, Canada
I need a Laboratory
Last edited by Tekill on Tue May 22, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945
Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight
Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight
Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
-
Steve
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 8196
- Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:42 am
- Location: Paradise in GMT +1
Re: I need a Laboratory
Upstairs at Sorcerers Sundries.
Jon Smythe - The Book of....
Essaar Arkae - True Essential Servant
Tsarzyn Ek'cla - Superiority Supreme
Khelboros Wyrmstone
-
Tsidkenu
Re: I need a Laboratory
Also Temple of Mystra if you're that-way inclined.
If not, PM me.
If not, PM me.
-
KOPOJIbPAKOB
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 850
- Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:24 am
Re: I need a Laboratory
Hilltop ruins with an actual working laboratory, if your character is an elf I think you can use Doron Amar lab. Abandoned house to the south-west from Thayan enclave might contain something looking like laboratory too (I don't remember exactly, need to check)
(\/);,;(\/)
Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136
Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136
Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
-
taintedseraphim
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:09 am
Re: I need a Laboratory
There is a house interior in the Gate with a small set up (don't ask me where; it's near the east gate, that much I remember).
Rania Marie Ragnon-Servant of Selune
-
Tekill
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:12 am
- Location: BC, Canada
Re: I need a Laboratory
Upstairs at Sorcerers Sundries.
Temple of Mystra.
Hilltop ruins with an actual working laboratory.
Doron Amar lab.
Abandoned house to the south-west from Thayan enclave.
All good spots. I can see starting off, paying Sorcerers Sundries to allow me to use thier services. Then maybe renting out the abandoned house while in BG if/when my business grows. My alt is an elf and a noble so the Doron Amar lab is a no brainer.
Hilltop ruins are a bit sketchy though. Any other labs located in less populated areas?
I suppose it will be a long while before I can have my wizards tower built, but it looks like I can make due.
Temple of Mystra.
Hilltop ruins with an actual working laboratory.
Doron Amar lab.
Abandoned house to the south-west from Thayan enclave.
All good spots. I can see starting off, paying Sorcerers Sundries to allow me to use thier services. Then maybe renting out the abandoned house while in BG if/when my business grows. My alt is an elf and a noble so the Doron Amar lab is a no brainer.
Hilltop ruins are a bit sketchy though. Any other labs located in less populated areas?
I suppose it will be a long while before I can have my wizards tower built, but it looks like I can make due.
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945
Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight
Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight
Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
-
NeonAvenger
- Posts: 432
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:37 am
Re: I need a Laboratory
My information may be out of date but ...
- Temple of Gond (may require some kind of association with the temple)
- Wizard's Lab in the ant nest
Maddy Thunderkeg - Capitalism Ho!
William of Ayleford - Every paladin is just a fighter that sat on a stick
William of Ayleford - Every paladin is just a fighter that sat on a stick