Scripting standards

Information and Discussion Relating to NWN2 Scripting and Coding

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Leaf_Smoker
Retired Staff
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Scripting standards

Unread post by Leaf_Smoker »

There are no real "standards" for scripting. Standards imply a preferred method, or minimum quality. I am not sure if standard was the word you were looking for.

Scripting in NWN and NWN2 is very similar to the C language. It shares much of the same form and syntax. The functions can be found in the toolset itself by turning on the function helper. You can find a list of constants used by the engine in the helper as well, under the constants tab.

I am unsure what else to write, as I am not sure what information you are actually seeking. If you could be a little more specific, I may be able to give you, or at least point you in the direction of, the knowledge you seek.
Luna wrote:Maybe leaf can do it...
His job is to do what he wants to do to make the PW better...
Leaf_Smoker
Retired Staff
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Scripting standards

Unread post by Leaf_Smoker »

Well, naming conventions are really server dependent, as in each server defines whatever naming schema they feel comfortable using. If you would like to get a better understanding of the scripting for this game, search out the NWN lexicon, and that should be able to provide you with some insight.
Luna wrote:Maybe leaf can do it...
His job is to do what he wants to do to make the PW better...
bealzebub
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:47 am
Location: N. California

Re: Scripting standards

Unread post by bealzebub »

I found this scripting tutorial very helpful. (even for non-noobs)
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=nw ... ail&id=124
-Bealzebub
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for yourself."

Return to “NWN2 Scripting”