Names and Descriptions assistance

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

KingOnoi
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:29 am

Names and Descriptions assistance

Unread post by KingOnoi »

Hello there. I have played on the BGTSCC servers for a bit and ended up getting to lvl13 after like a week of hardcore grinding. As a caster class I saw a lot of new spells and mechanics I was unfamiliar with in the OC campaign. Hoping to test them out and see which ones were worth getting I attempted to import the complete hakpack into an OC campaign module via extracting all the files out of the hakpack and into my override in my documents. When starting a new character I was able to use all the different hairs and faces but when selecting race/ class/ feats/ spells/ skills ect there were ALOT of blank spaces, incorrectly named spaces and most if not all had missing or erroneous descriptions. Even some of the vanilla selections were affected. Attempts to resolve this myself have proven unsuccessful and so I was hoping anyone here more knowledgeable would be able to offer assistance/ advice.

On a side note, when playing on the server I could not bring up my quick spells menu.

Kindest Regards
User avatar
Rhifox
Posts: 3962
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:34 am

Re: Names and Descriptions assistance

Unread post by Rhifox »

I would recommend using our JEGs server to test these rather than trying to put haks on the OC. New content is a web of interconnected systems so you cannot typically just extract a couple of things to get it to work.

To log on to JEGs you can find it in the server browser or direct connect to game.bgtscc.net:5123 (at least I think that's the direct connect address. Someone who direct connects more often than me can verify).


On quickcast menu, sometimes the game can bug and replace your quickcast hotkey with the group selector key. I have no idea why it does this sometimes. Restarting the game can fix it sometimes.
Tarina — The Witch of Darkhold, a dealer in spirits and black magic
User avatar
Fire Wolf
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:14 am

Re: Names and Descriptions assistance

Unread post by Fire Wolf »

You can just go into options and rebind the quickcast key. No restart needed.
Cyrah Ru'othro - The Black Bard [Currently Active]
Teris Ynarno - Genasi Druid of Eldath [Retired - May Visit Occasionally]

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”