Disabling Traps

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

virtualangel
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:03 am

Disabling Traps

Unread post by virtualangel »

I have a few ranks in disabling traps, but when I detect one and try to disable it I can't. I get the trap icon, but nothing happens...?

Is there a skill rank requierment or class requierment to disable traps?

Thanks.
Baldur's Gate
Acheron Shadowbow - Master Archer
Aindon - Sellsword
Eon Fawkes - Cleric of Mielikki
Gimval Boarstead - Dwarven Slayer


Sshamath
Ustvelve Jaezred - First Blade of House Jaezred
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Disabling Traps

Unread post by Luna »

A thief can only disable a trap with a DC of 20 or higher.

But even then you get a message about it.

So I'm not sure whats going on in your case?
virtualangel
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:03 am

Re: Disabling Traps

Unread post by virtualangel »

Well I am a Ranger, not a thief. I have one skill point in since level one and a few items theat add skill points that I have found along the way.

The strange thing is that I can't even try to disarm the trap, I get the trap icon when I hover over a trapped chest, when I click it my toon just opens the chest and gets hit by the trap. I tried right clicking and selecting "Disable Trap" from the drop down, but it does not show that selection in the drop down....

Am I missing something?
Baldur's Gate
Acheron Shadowbow - Master Archer
Aindon - Sellsword
Eon Fawkes - Cleric of Mielikki
Gimval Boarstead - Dwarven Slayer


Sshamath
Ustvelve Jaezred - First Blade of House Jaezred
Molag__Bal
Posts: 2925
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Disabling Traps

Unread post by Molag__Bal »

I would have to guess that the trap DC is above 20, which only rogues are able to disable: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Disable_Device
tlantl
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Disabling Traps

Unread post by tlantl »

to do more than disarm a trap you need to right click on the trap a menu will appear giving you the option to flag the trap, remove the trap recover the trap and a few other things I don't remember off hand.

you might have to hold the right mouse button for a few seconds for the menu to appear.

Return to “Questions for DMs”