I have a few ranks in disabling traps, but when I detect one and try to disable it I can't. I get the trap icon, but nothing happens...?
Is there a skill rank requierment or class requierment to disable traps?
Thanks.
Disabling Traps
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
virtualangel
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:03 am
Disabling Traps
Baldur's Gate
Acheron Shadowbow - Master Archer
Aindon - Sellsword
Eon Fawkes - Cleric of Mielikki
Gimval Boarstead - Dwarven Slayer
Sshamath
Ustvelve Jaezred - First Blade of House Jaezred
Acheron Shadowbow - Master Archer
Aindon - Sellsword
Eon Fawkes - Cleric of Mielikki
Gimval Boarstead - Dwarven Slayer
Sshamath
Ustvelve Jaezred - First Blade of House Jaezred
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Disabling Traps
A thief can only disable a trap with a DC of 20 or higher.
But even then you get a message about it.
So I'm not sure whats going on in your case?
But even then you get a message about it.
So I'm not sure whats going on in your case?
-
virtualangel
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:03 am
Re: Disabling Traps
Well I am a Ranger, not a thief. I have one skill point in since level one and a few items theat add skill points that I have found along the way.
The strange thing is that I can't even try to disarm the trap, I get the trap icon when I hover over a trapped chest, when I click it my toon just opens the chest and gets hit by the trap. I tried right clicking and selecting "Disable Trap" from the drop down, but it does not show that selection in the drop down....
Am I missing something?
The strange thing is that I can't even try to disarm the trap, I get the trap icon when I hover over a trapped chest, when I click it my toon just opens the chest and gets hit by the trap. I tried right clicking and selecting "Disable Trap" from the drop down, but it does not show that selection in the drop down....
Am I missing something?
Baldur's Gate
Acheron Shadowbow - Master Archer
Aindon - Sellsword
Eon Fawkes - Cleric of Mielikki
Gimval Boarstead - Dwarven Slayer
Sshamath
Ustvelve Jaezred - First Blade of House Jaezred
Acheron Shadowbow - Master Archer
Aindon - Sellsword
Eon Fawkes - Cleric of Mielikki
Gimval Boarstead - Dwarven Slayer
Sshamath
Ustvelve Jaezred - First Blade of House Jaezred
-
Molag__Bal
- Posts: 2925
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm
Re: Disabling Traps
I would have to guess that the trap DC is above 20, which only rogues are able to disable: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Disable_Device
-
tlantl
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Re: Disabling Traps
to do more than disarm a trap you need to right click on the trap a menu will appear giving you the option to flag the trap, remove the trap recover the trap and a few other things I don't remember off hand.
you might have to hold the right mouse button for a few seconds for the menu to appear.
you might have to hold the right mouse button for a few seconds for the menu to appear.