Starting to be in a panic about a character's attack bonus

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Tears of Destiny
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:17 pm
Location: Rice Pudding, Dessert

Starting to be in a panic about a character's attack bonus

Unread post by Tears of Destiny »

Niki Fotia is a level four Paladin with a 16 str. All day it has been claiming that I have a +5 to hit in broad daylight, despite me resting constantly and trying everything I can think of.

This would make sense with a bow since I have a Dex of 12, but...

With a Warhammer and my Scimitar, one would think that I would have a +7 to hit. Am I cursed, yet unable to see the status effect on my sheet? How can I fix this. At first I thought I was suffering a penalty because some bandit taunted me, or because I was in a dark cave (Despite having the ability to see in the dark).

Someone please explain why I have a +5, or even how to fix it if this is a glitch, or a curse or whatever...

*very sad unhappy face*
A broken mirror mask, a thousand flames flicker.
Dancing in the flames.


Niki Fotia: Back after two years from the coast.
User avatar
rokranon
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Arkansas, United States

Re: Starting to be in a panic about a character's attack bon

Unread post by rokranon »

Are you using a tower shield? That'll subtract 2 from your attack bonus.
Sir Jonas Rokranon - Bio/History
Harwin Rokranon - Bio
DM Rokranon | DM Vindicator - Event Write-Ups (Retired)
DM Sword
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Starting to be in a panic about a character's attack bon

Unread post by DM Sword »

Are you wearing a shield?...
Tears of Destiny
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:17 pm
Location: Rice Pudding, Dessert

Re: Starting to be in a panic about a character's attack bon

Unread post by Tears of Destiny »

rokranon wrote:Are you using a tower shield? That'll subtract 2 from your attack bonus.
OK I feel like an idiot of the century.....

I forgot about that, and I guess I did not give my character sheet enough time to refresh when I stripped my character bare and refreshed...

Thank you! :oops: :oops: :oops:
A broken mirror mask, a thousand flames flicker.
Dancing in the flames.


Niki Fotia: Back after two years from the coast.

Return to “Questions for DMs”