Trouble with Water...

Information and Discussion Relating to NWN2 Area Design

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Trouble with Water...

Unread post by Duster47 »

How do you a water puddle in an interior (Tile) area? Or fill a bathtub. I did it inside the CK-Quarters area but darned if I can get it to work now.

I select Terrain, Water, Draw and get the circle-in-circle "paint brush". If I left click and drag it around nothing happens. I have "water" highlighted in the top menu bar. I can see the circle-in-circle clearly cut area objects indicating the expected waterlines' level. Yet, no actual water is produced with left-click, hold, and move. Right clicking makes the brush appear or disappear.

What am I doing wrong?! :?
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Trouble with Water...

Unread post by Luna »

You need to raise the height of the water.

I think its default height is right at the floor of an interior so nothing shows up.l
User avatar
Blackman D
Retired Staff
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Trouble with Water...

Unread post by Blackman D »

water is tricky for me, it wont show in the toolset some times but if i go to run the module it will be there :?
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Trouble with Water...

Unread post by Eviloth »

Also a lack of lighting will make water not show up.
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
TheVoid
Retired Staff
Posts: 2107
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: Trouble with Water...

Unread post by TheVoid »

If you are adding water to an interior you have to go into the module properties and set "show water" to true.
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Trouble with Water...

Unread post by Eviloth »

Yeah up at the top can't you just click the WATER button?
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
TheVoid
Retired Staff
Posts: 2107
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: Trouble with Water...

Unread post by TheVoid »

That funtion normally works on exteriors not interiors. If your interior is unusually dark you will also need some kind of lightsource to show the water as well.
User avatar
Blackman D
Retired Staff
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Trouble with Water...

Unread post by Blackman D »

also you have to rebake to show updates with water when you go to run the module
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Trouble with Water...

Unread post by Duster47 »

Thanks for the help. Adding a light in the area and putzing with elevation finally produced some water. :)
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
ohboy007
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Trouble with Water...

Unread post by ohboy007 »

*sighs* Now I have to go back over everything. Gah! More work. Well, thanks for the tutorial. I was wondering what I was doing wrong.
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria

Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)

"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."


Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)

"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
7threalm
Retired Staff
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am

Re: Trouble with Water...

Unread post by 7threalm »

you can also add directional light over the water, i think that works just raise the light above the water
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)

Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm

Return to “NWN2 Area Design”