I downloaded the various extracted files and created a HAK with the standard, MaeBe's and Barrel of Monkeys hair packs that are used in BG. The notes indicate the 2DA file needs a line added.
So I update "armorvisualdata" 2DA and save it. Now I can see the hair-style helmets when I create a new *.uti template from a helmet. So far so good.
I create two NPCs and put the hair-helm on them and they appear. Better. So I drop a few on the floor then run the module with my test PC.

Drat. Now the NPCs are wearing hats and the hair templates are showing as the same hat on my test PC.
Exit the TS and try again. Now the 2DA reverted. So I put a copy in the hair-hak (contains a bunch of *.mdb files and the one .2da file). Repeat test with similar results (open module, change 2da again, can see hair-hats, in TS but not when running the module).
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Note - as of now, it appears the hair color only sets by the 3 color attributes IAW the standard color palette. It does not detect the wearers' hair color attributes and copy them to the hair-hat. Unless someone knows how to do this, if it is even possible, then there could be litterally 100's of new *.uti files needed to cover a wide range of hair colors in the 30+ hair styles.
