Well you should..
In the past i'd tampered (ok that's a lie, I'd spent many many hours) around with the toolset in my spare time, even making a campaign to post on the vault. (which i never completed sadly, due to my campaign spiraling out of control- too much for one person)
However, over a month ago I thought 'what the heck', I'll send the Dev's a message and let them know I'm available and happy to build for the server.
A little over a month in now and I've already got two areas that i've done IG, with a further 4 looking to go in over the next week or two (revamped Nashkel and a soon to be added floating pontoon that links to roaring shores). It's strangely satisfying, although I wont lie to you... it's also quite time consuming.. but then my logic there is, it's no more time consuming than if I were playing the game instead.
I'm also proud to say I'm working alongside Knightmare, who is one of only a handful of people I knew of in the nwn2 community, prior to joining the server. There's some real talent involved in the team bringing this server to life and I'm proud to be a part of it.
This message is for those of you, who think you might have what it takes to join our team and make a world.
(you just need to be creative and have an imagination.. something I'd dare say 95% of you already have. Also, obviously some toolset experience will save you some frustrations as well.)
Peace.