I was just wondering if this is possible, seemingly that we could perhaps see more shuriken, dart and throwing axe users, altho it may be impossible, anybody knows about it?
thanks
Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
RowllandR
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 pm
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2
It's possible, but I'm not sure how well it will work when the server is laggy.
So we didn't implement it.
So we didn't implement it.
-
RowllandR
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2
like it would duplicate stuff ?Luna wrote:It's possible, but I'm not sure how well it will work when the server is laggy.
So we didn't implement it.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2
ye that is the worry, or it will just disappear for good.
-
Considerate_
- Posts: 630
- Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 am
Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2
Would it be possible for the affect to work like unlimited, but just have "Returning" written on them when you inspect them?
That should deal with the lag problem at least... and a returning weapon is pretty much just as good as an unlimited one as far as I understand.
That should deal with the lag problem at least... and a returning weapon is pretty much just as good as an unlimited one as far as I understand.
Tamara - "I've seen colours you would never dream of"
Neschera - "Logic can bring you from one step to the next, creativity can bring you from anywhere to everywhere"
Neschera - "Logic can bring you from one step to the next, creativity can bring you from anywhere to everywhere"
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2
I'm not sure Considerate_. I'd lean towards no though as those kind of weapons don't have the unlimited property.
Only bows, slings, and crossbows do.
And I don't think it's something you can script.
Only bows, slings, and crossbows do.
And I don't think it's something you can script.
-
Therlyn
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:05 pm
Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2
It's a shame though since throwing axes/shuriken/darts tends to be fairly weak (Well axes maybe not) so if you use them it's usually for RP purpose or to swap.
That said I am not sure if it's worth the time/bug fixes if you try scripting it.
That said I am not sure if it's worth the time/bug fixes if you try scripting it.