Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

RowllandR
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2

Unread post by RowllandR »

I was just wondering if this is possible, seemingly that we could perhaps see more shuriken, dart and throwing axe users, altho it may be impossible, anybody knows about it?

thanks
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2

Unread post by Luna »

It's possible, but I'm not sure how well it will work when the server is laggy.
So we didn't implement it.
RowllandR
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2

Unread post by RowllandR »

Luna wrote:It's possible, but I'm not sure how well it will work when the server is laggy.
So we didn't implement it.
like it would duplicate stuff ?
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2

Unread post by Luna »

ye that is the worry, or it will just disappear for good.
Considerate_
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 am

Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2

Unread post by Considerate_ »

Would it be possible for the affect to work like unlimited, but just have "Returning" written on them when you inspect them?

That should deal with the lag problem at least... and a returning weapon is pretty much just as good as an unlimited one as far as I understand.
Tamara - "I've seen colours you would never dream of"
Neschera - "Logic can bring you from one step to the next, creativity can bring you from anywhere to everywhere"
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2

Unread post by Luna »

I'm not sure Considerate_. I'd lean towards no though as those kind of weapons don't have the unlimited property.
Only bows, slings, and crossbows do.
And I don't think it's something you can script.
Therlyn
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Re: Is It possible to have returning as a propriety in Nwn2

Unread post by Therlyn »

It's a shame though since throwing axes/shuriken/darts tends to be fairly weak (Well axes maybe not) so if you use them it's usually for RP purpose or to swap.

That said I am not sure if it's worth the time/bug fixes if you try scripting it.

Return to “Questions for DMs”