Server hardware and DC
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Lavda
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 am
Server hardware and DC
While having dDCs and often lags, I wonder what is server hardware and what Data center its in?
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Server hardware and DC
It's in the US, in the state of Kansas.
-
Lavda
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 am
Re: Server hardware and DC
At someones home?
And what about hardware? May be we should buy a new one?
And what about hardware? May be we should buy a new one?
-
Broham2
- Posts: 542
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:36 pm
- Location: Iowa, USA
Re: Server hardware and DC
I have had 0 lag or disconnects since I've been back, and rarely had any when I played/DM'd here previously.
As far as I can tell, playin on all of the other viable servers out there, we have the most stable and fluid server around.
As far as I can tell, playin on all of the other viable servers out there, we have the most stable and fluid server around.
Formerly DM Mayhem
RL tough guy wrote:"Watch my picture. I am a RL tough guy, and I rip people like you to shreds"
-
Lavda
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 am
Re: Server hardware and DC
I usually DC on transactions. And then I have to restart several times to get area loaded.
The question was about hardware.
The question was about hardware.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Server hardware and DC
The hardware is fine.
There isn't a lot you can do to keep buying better hardware because the server can only run on 1 core.
Have you tried the nwn2 client extension?
How many people are IG when you have problems?
Is the server full?
There isn't a lot you can do to keep buying better hardware because the server can only run on 1 core.
Have you tried the nwn2 client extension?
How many people are IG when you have problems?
Is the server full?
-
Lavda
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 am
Re: Server hardware and DC
You think nwn2 client extension can help? Where to get it?
Didn't saw any connection with no of ppl IG
Didn't saw any connection with no of ppl IG
-
Lavda
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 am
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Server hardware and DC
Everyone who has tried it said it helps a lot.Lavda wrote:You think nwn2 client extension can help? Where to get it?
Didn't saw any connection with no of ppl IG
-
Xanfyrst
- Posts: 1274
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:12 am
- Location: In Sierante's naughty dreams
Re: Server hardware and DC
I remember saying once to you that it didn't help me at allLuna wrote:Everyone who has tried it said it helps a lot.Lavda wrote:You think nwn2 client extension can help? Where to get it?
Didn't saw any connection with no of ppl IG
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK.
Alistair the Red - Roaming Bounty Hunter and Underworld Contact.Lord Eliphas Valkarian "the Deceiver" -Chosen Prophet of Bane, Autonomous Agent of the Zhentarim. Immortal? ×Returned from the Beyond×
-
Lavda
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 am
Re: Server hardware and DC
It didn't. Same DCs and transaction hangs
-
Molag__Bal
- Posts: 2925
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm
Re: Server hardware and DC
Are you always getting lag and transition disconnects, or just when the server has been up a long time and is close to being full?
As far as the disconnects go, does your game close automatically when transitioning, or do you close it manually when it seems like the transition is hanging? When the server has been up for a long time and the DM's are running large events I will sometimes have 2 minute transition times. If this is what you are experiencing, I suggest that you wait for five minutes and see if the transition goes through.
As far as the disconnects go, does your game close automatically when transitioning, or do you close it manually when it seems like the transition is hanging? When the server has been up for a long time and the DM's are running large events I will sometimes have 2 minute transition times. If this is what you are experiencing, I suggest that you wait for five minutes and see if the transition goes through.
-
Lavda
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 am
Re: Server hardware and DC
Transition hangs and after some time is shows up the window with connection lost, getting me to main menu.
-
Lavda
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 am
Re: Server hardware and DC
I set QoS for nwn2main.exe in my win 7, and it became much better. Sometimes it hangs on loading in transit.
-
Lavda
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 am
Re: Server hardware and DC
May be the reason is a world-around trip, but I believe that as it uses UDP (packet loss is no problem) the problem is that server drops some connections
It might be an OS or hardware issue
8 * 61 ms 79 ms 20gigabitethernet4-3.core1.fra1.he.net [80.81.192.172]
9 64 ms 64 ms 64 ms 10gigabitethernet1-4.core1.par2.he.net [184.105.213.162]
10 135 ms 137 ms 136 ms 10gigabitethernet7-1.core1.ash1.he.net [184.105.213.93]
11 133 ms 156 ms 136 ms 10gigabitethernet1-2.core1.nyc4.he.net [72.52.92.85]
12 165 ms 171 ms 174 ms 10gigabitethernet8-3.core1.chi1.he.net [72.52.92.178]
13 176 ms 175 ms 175 ms 10gigabitethernet1-1.core1.mci1.he.net [72.52.92.2]
14 175 ms 175 ms 175 ms 10gigabitethernet1-1.core1.mci2.he.net [184.105.213.2]
15 162 ms 162 ms 162 ms joe_s-data-center-llc.10gigabitethernet1-4.core1.mci1.he.net [216.66.79.14]
16 162 ms 162 ms 162 ms DC2-SW1.KCMODATACENTER.com [96.43.134.38]
17 175 ms 175 ms 175 ms host4gulf.net [208.94.245.10]
It might be an OS or hardware issue
8 * 61 ms 79 ms 20gigabitethernet4-3.core1.fra1.he.net [80.81.192.172]
9 64 ms 64 ms 64 ms 10gigabitethernet1-4.core1.par2.he.net [184.105.213.162]
10 135 ms 137 ms 136 ms 10gigabitethernet7-1.core1.ash1.he.net [184.105.213.93]
11 133 ms 156 ms 136 ms 10gigabitethernet1-2.core1.nyc4.he.net [72.52.92.85]
12 165 ms 171 ms 174 ms 10gigabitethernet8-3.core1.chi1.he.net [72.52.92.178]
13 176 ms 175 ms 175 ms 10gigabitethernet1-1.core1.mci1.he.net [72.52.92.2]
14 175 ms 175 ms 175 ms 10gigabitethernet1-1.core1.mci2.he.net [184.105.213.2]
15 162 ms 162 ms 162 ms joe_s-data-center-llc.10gigabitethernet1-4.core1.mci1.he.net [216.66.79.14]
16 162 ms 162 ms 162 ms DC2-SW1.KCMODATACENTER.com [96.43.134.38]
17 175 ms 175 ms 175 ms host4gulf.net [208.94.245.10]