Any need for weapons or Items
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Matherhorn
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Any need for weapons or Items
Just wondering if there is a need for weapon's or ect, or even face models in game. here is a pic of a weapon I made this mourning, its untextured and I'm not sure what type of UV Map and skinning style the engine uses.
I would be willing to work on new items, shields, weapons, I want to get into character creation and if applicable can model character heads / faces..
If I can help the dev. team by doing so, it would be great for me to get back into 3D..
I use Truespace 3d for modeling, and gimp for textures.
heres a Sample sword from Robin Hood Prince of thieves Azeems blade.. the Cesarean Sword
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/W ... directlink
I would be willing to work on new items, shields, weapons, I want to get into character creation and if applicable can model character heads / faces..
If I can help the dev. team by doing so, it would be great for me to get back into 3D..
I use Truespace 3d for modeling, and gimp for textures.
heres a Sample sword from Robin Hood Prince of thieves Azeems blade.. the Cesarean Sword
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/W ... directlink
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
We could really use a 3d modeler, any chance you can do plaeables?
?
?
?
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
btw where did you dl your version of truespace? the dl link doesn't work for me... http://www.caligari.com/store/trueSpace ... Cate=Store
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
Matherhorn
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
I can do that, like barrels, benches.. houses.. tree's.. etc
Goto download.com and type truespace in search.. it will be current 7.6 version
Goto download.com and type truespace in search.. it will be current 7.6 version
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Also, if you can take existing armor that say only works for humans and make it usable for one or more other races, that would be sweet.
I don't know how much work that involves though.
I don't know how much work that involves though.
-
Duster47
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
This is probably the most urgent need.Luna wrote:Also, if you can take existing armor that say only works for humans and make it usable for one or more other races, that would be sweet.
I don't know how much work that involves though.
NWN2 3D models use a *mdb extension. GMax with the NWN2 *mdb plug-in will open and edit the files. They use a combination of *tga (high-res) and *dds (less-res) skin files. Some models have 3 skin files; basic skin, changable color mask and a shinyness file. You need the NWN2 *mdb cloner program also to apply the skins to the model file.
First up on my wish list for new placeable is a Caravel-type walkable ship.
And a flowery headband.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
-
Matherhorn
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
the armor for non humans seems to be a less artistic more technical problem, was hoping to do some 3d modeling with skinning, but I will try to help anyway I can..
Is there a tutorial you have on this? I've used gmax, great tool..
I'm guessing if I can find a model of a dwarf to go into gmax, put the armor on, and resize it manually by eye, then save it.. ect.. but I'm not sure
Is there a tutorial you have on this? I've used gmax, great tool..
I'm guessing if I can find a model of a dwarf to go into gmax, put the armor on, and resize it manually by eye, then save it.. ect.. but I'm not sure
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Weapons would be great to.
I haven't had my coffee yet this morning. I'm trying to think of what we don't have a lot of models of.
Do you have a preference for a weapon you want to do (like that scimitar you did).
I think for starters it might be helpful if you can send me one weapon that is complete for me or someone else on staff to try.
Thanks
I haven't had my coffee yet this morning. I'm trying to think of what we don't have a lot of models of.
Do you have a preference for a weapon you want to do (like that scimitar you did).
I think for starters it might be helpful if you can send me one weapon that is complete for me or someone else on staff to try.
Thanks
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Here's a program that has to do with modelling btw, it says it works with Max 10 so I think it's relatively up to date. (import / export models)
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=nw ... tail&id=27
The other program (exportron) only works with Max 08 or 07 and lower I think.
There are also a lot of tutorials and models here:
http://www.rwscreations.com/RWSForum/vi ... 82b263879b
That guy is also currently working on creating ridable horses - he's almost done as far as I can tell and he might be able to help you further if you have modelling questions. We don't have anyone with that kind of knowledge on the team I think so it's hard to help.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=nw ... tail&id=27
The other program (exportron) only works with Max 08 or 07 and lower I think.
There are also a lot of tutorials and models here:
http://www.rwscreations.com/RWSForum/vi ... 82b263879b
That guy is also currently working on creating ridable horses - he's almost done as far as I can tell and he might be able to help you further if you have modelling questions. We don't have anyone with that kind of knowledge on the team I think so it's hard to help.
-
Matherhorn
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
no I really don't have a preference for what weapon models I do.. but I do enjoy working in 3D..
if gmax works I can use that, its got similar lowpolygon tools to truespace but more advanced and cleaner (Less buggy)
I could work on a model for a two handed war mace.. maybe one that looked like a giant war hammer.
if gmax works I can use that, its got similar lowpolygon tools to truespace but more advanced and cleaner (Less buggy)
I could work on a model for a two handed war mace.. maybe one that looked like a giant war hammer.
-
Matherhorn
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
here's a image of a war hammer I can try to duplicate.. looks knightly.. Just make it for the warmace and make it more lenghy
http://kenscastleage.files.wordpress.co ... hammer.gif
if you had something else in mind, maybe google "image" a medieval weapon
http://kenscastleage.files.wordpress.co ... hammer.gif
if you had something else in mind, maybe google "image" a medieval weapon
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
We'd take it. If you can do it shoot me the files or just post them here.Matherhorn wrote:here's a image of a war hammer I can try to duplicate.. looks knightly.. Just make it for the warmace and make it more lenghy
http://kenscastleage.files.wordpress.co ... hammer.gif
if you had something else in mind, maybe google "image" a medieval weapon
Thanks
-
dzidek1983
- Posts: 1248
- Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:02 am
- Location: Poland
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
please make some crossbow models... i'm tired of those 2 available for heavy crossbows now...
Hey, I just lost it, And this is crazy, But here's my login, So PM me, maybe?
-
Matherhorn
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Crossbow might be a little harder if it has a animation for it.. like the flail.
I never use a crossbow so im not sure..
but here are some images I can try to make models of
http://www.needmoregifts.com/img/mzlo1623-2.jpg
http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/images ... ED4604.jpg
or if you have a image share it
I never use a crossbow so im not sure..
but here are some images I can try to make models of
http://www.needmoregifts.com/img/mzlo1623-2.jpg
http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/images ... ED4604.jpg
or if you have a image share it
-
Matherhorn
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Ive been in the editor which I haven't done in while.. seems to me that weapons have three parts, like a sword has Blade, Hilt, and Handle.. I might need to design the weapon models as .mbd files (Gmax) as separate models.
I think the best thing for me to do now, is what Luna wanted, is to go over Armor mod's and learn how to make them work for all races, if I can have any help on how to get started on that.. I feel I need to learn some of the in's and out's of the editor.
thanks
I think the best thing for me to do now, is what Luna wanted, is to go over Armor mod's and learn how to make them work for all races, if I can have any help on how to get started on that.. I feel I need to learn some of the in's and out's of the editor.
thanks