Any need for weapons or Items

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

c2k
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by c2k »

breteas wrote: I have real trouble with some of the matters realting to HAK's, 2da files, the toolset and what not.

Learning how to read the 2das, script, etc. could take some time, but I can give you the link to the program I use to compile/uncompile haks. This also works for erf files as well.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... tail&id=88
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Yup. Got that one. It's what I used to get access to the models. Like I said, we have all kinds of knowledge, but no way to collect what we know and get this stuff working. It's just too much to find out. Hence why I mentioned Msn. We could chat, while we have the applications open, and have questions answered directly. By any of us.

Edit: Btw, I am looking at making custom armours, and one thing I notice, is not that the armours need modifying. The models for characters need it. Few pieces actually fit the body, and if we were able to alter the model used for that, much more options would be usable for making custom looks.
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by Matherhorn »

I've read all the posts quickly but I'm going to need to study them, I think I'll focus on weapon models and getting that done.. its alot more complicated then I thought.

I can easily make the war mace into one model.. but stilll need to learn alot about weapon design.

chattings online (Msn) seems a good idea to me
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Maybe this guy is interested in helping out too, he seems experienced:

http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18107&hilit=art
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Matterhorn, you can easily view models using this tool:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... tail&id=79

Simple Model Viewer by Adinos. The models can be found in your NwN2 Data folder. Just unzip the models and material files.
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Progress! I finally figured out how to save the models. Here's fullplate armour edited for a fat woman. :lol:

Image


Edit: Now, if anyone can tell me where to upload this stuff, and get it into the toolset, that would be great. If it works, we should be able to at least edit existing models. 8-)
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by Passiflora »

She's pregnant, yeah! :D
Go home and be a familly cat!
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Perhaps it would be more usefull to try if we can get this model into the toolset:

Image

Just to see if this works. ;)
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Alright. I'm close. The file's name is: PLC_NT_Rocks21.mdb
I can't find it on the list for changing appearance in the toolset. The files are located in the override folder (Thanks duster) but still the do not appear. Any one know what I am doing wrong?

Image
Jaella
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:29 pm
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by Jaella »

Maybe this guide would be of any help?
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

That is an -awesome- guide. Thanks! Matherhorn, check that stuff out!
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Still no joy. :(
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

I'm noticing one thing. A while back Duster passed us theaterprop models so we could check them out. Now, If I load the builder mod used by the team, those will show up in the appearance change list. If I then make a new mod, they will still show.

However, if I first load an empty mod, they will not appear in the list either. So I am thinking somewhere, somehow, there needs to be a file pointing to the override folder, and the files in it.

That's all I can think of. I am stuck now. :(
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

See? Without BG mod loaded:

Image

With BG mod loaded:

Image


Hope somebody knows how to fix this.
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by Duster47 »

Doh! *facepalms*

Placeables require their on 2DA file entry. Weapons, armor, armor bits, helmets, hairstyles, etc, only need the non-number part of their file name be uniform with exiting models.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”