Any need for weapons or Items

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Yes, yes. I did that. I took the exact same filename for the rock, (See above) and simply increment it by one.

So,

PLC_NT_Rocks20.mdb - Exists already.

PLC_NT_Rocks21.mdb - Is the file name of my file.


I'm not getting what I am doing wrong here. :?
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by Duster47 »

breteas wrote:Yes, yes. I did that. I took the exact same filename for the rock, (See above) and simply increment it by one.

So,

PLC_NT_Rocks20.mdb - Exists already.

PLC_NT_Rocks21.mdb - Is the file name of my file.


I'm not getting what I am doing wrong here. :?
The placeables.2da file does not have an entry for your *21 rock. That is why it is not appearing in the Toolset.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Ah. And the fix?
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by Duster47 »

I TEMPORARILY loan you an existing unused 2da file entry line.

See PM.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Awesome!
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Duster... You rock.

People. We are in business! Woohoo! :D

Image
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Did I mention you rock Duster? :D

Luna, how do we handle this?

Edit: The 2da entries Duster mentioned. Obviously we cannot have a rock reffered to as a painting.
tfunke
Retired Staff
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Location: Australia- GMT+10

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by tfunke »

Nice one. Be nice to have some good stalactites like that filling the UD areas. ;)
when you click FPS, how much does this model increase it when you put it into an area vs another model? Just for comparison reasons?
Per aspera ad astra
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Tfunke. lol You'll have to gimme some guidance concerning toolset. Cause while I know some stuff with it, I am not entirely sure what you are looking for. Here's screens of the altered model, and the original.

Altered:
Image

Original:
Image


I am assuming the number 216 is the framerate? *Shrug* It mentions lots of stuff, half of which means something to me, the other half I'm clueless about. :?
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

I figured if 3000 placeables did not change any statistics, the model is basically the same on gpu load wise.

For the record,

My computer is well over 7 years old, has a Ati Radeon 1900 extreme (512ram), 2Gb of ram and a Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4200+ Processor, running at 2,21 Ghz


The only thing that runs slow on my computer, is the freaking game and the toolset. :lol:
tfunke
Retired Staff
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Location: Australia- GMT+10

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by tfunke »

The first instance of the model you put in the area will increase that number, but it wont go up by putting more of the same looking module. It might be useful to keep an eye out for when you build more intense models down the track, but that stalagtite really shouldn't be big at all. Certainly nothing to worry about. :)
Per aspera ad astra
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by Luna »

Breteas for now just put this placables.2da in your /override folder.
Do not load the bg haks on your module.


Open the placables.2da with a text editor.

1) Copy and paste the last line of the file.
10492 Painting39 **** 0 1 PLC_MC_PAINTING39

2) Bump the number to 10493 where you pasted the line.

3) Change Painting39 and PLC_MC_PAINTING39. Painting39 is the name that will show up in the appearance sub-menu for a placable (so this is how you change the name). PLC_MC_PAINTING39 is the model name.

4) Save 2da

5) Exit toolkit if it was opened.. re-start it, and make your placable.

Try that and see if you can get that working to start with.



http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LEMYXPZ1
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Yup will do.
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Folks, I'm looking for the 2DA file that refers to objects/npc's. Basically anything that moves. Anyone have an idea what file that is?
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Also, after reading some tuts on RWS site, it looks like Ima have my hands full just with making placeables for now. There's alot involved relating to walkmeshes, pc's walking on to models, footstep sound generated and what not.

The good news is, I've not come across any tutorial yet that makes wonder where the options needing to be set are located in the software I use. Just a lot to take in for now.

Further progress will be left here to keep you guys informed of how it's going.

Edit: Luna, your tip worked. Concerning placeables. Editing 2da file and dumping it on Override makes it appear without loading BG_Hak.

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”