Hak Packs

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Rogon222
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Hak Packs

Unread post by Rogon222 »

In "bg_soz_tools.hak" there are a number of .xml files that force various game settings. For instance I wish to use a modified version of "inventoryscreen.XML". From what I can see your version is not very different from the default. So by having it in the hak pack it is locking us in to using the default. My question is, are all of these absolutely necessarily? Some obviously are.. but a few are questionable.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Hak Packs

Unread post by Luna »

I doubt any one knows for sure Rogon. Because they were probably just added over time.
Nobody has been the owner of XML files.

Probably you (or I) or someone would have to diff one's your suspect about with the games default version and see what we changed if you wanted to look at this in more detail.

Return to “Questions for DMs”