Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

maulofthetitans55
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?

Unread post by maulofthetitans55 »

Hey guys I've been playing here a little while but am really more interested in building/scripting/DM'ing. I've been shoving down massive toolset knowledge all day and was wondering if someone could post a list of every plug-in used to create BGTSCC :)

Are they all downloadable from nwn2vault? Can you just override everything or do you eventually need to use a packer to get all your changes in. I really want to test how much control I can have over the game. Can I do stuff like: disable certain feats when you shapeshift(aka combat expertise), make classes with very specific requirements(100 points in Lawful and Good for instance) etc, etc.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?

Unread post by Luna »

We don't use any plugins. We might use the legends spawn plugin soon.

We have the hak files with a lot of content.

You can do a lot of things, but some will require a lot of patience and maybe help from the nwn2 forum
maulofthetitans55
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Re: Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?

Unread post by maulofthetitans55 »

Ok is it better to store the hak files for your area in C>Program Files>Atari>NWN2>HAK

or

My Documants>NWN2>Hak ?

I have the packer program and ERF file opener. When I modify a 2DA do I just throw it in override? Which expansion 2DA's should I use to edit?
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?

Unread post by Luna »

maulofthetitans55 wrote:Ok is it better to store the hak files for your area in C>Program Files>Atari>NWN2>HAK

or

My Documants>NWN2>Hak ?

I have the packer program and ERF file opener. When I modify a 2DA do I just throw it in override? Which expansion 2DA's should I use to edit?
the my docs one.

If you have no haks with 2da's, just putting them in the override is fine.

I forgot which has precedence if you have haks with 2da's and the 2da's in override.
I think probably override does.

Use SoZ.
maulofthetitans55
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Re: Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?

Unread post by maulofthetitans55 »

Wow thanks you are very helpful. I'm just going to keep firing away :)

Lets say I copy the baseitems 2DA and alter it so clubs now do 1d8 or change them to a small weapon etc. Then I throw that file in the override. Will it then change all the clubs in the toolset including the descriptions to 1d8 and small? If not, what is the item description 2DA called?

Also is there a better way to create items other then "Add blueprint?" I also tried Sinplugin item creator and that doesn't seem to be any faster.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?

Unread post by Luna »

Not sure. I haven't tried something like that.

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”