Are they all downloadable from nwn2vault? Can you just override everything or do you eventually need to use a packer to get all your changes in. I really want to test how much control I can have over the game. Can I do stuff like: disable certain feats when you shapeshift(aka combat expertise), make classes with very specific requirements(100 points in Lawful and Good for instance) etc, etc.
Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
maulofthetitans55
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm
Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?
Hey guys I've been playing here a little while but am really more interested in building/scripting/DM'ing. I've been shoving down massive toolset knowledge all day and was wondering if someone could post a list of every plug-in used to create BGTSCC 
Are they all downloadable from nwn2vault? Can you just override everything or do you eventually need to use a packer to get all your changes in. I really want to test how much control I can have over the game. Can I do stuff like: disable certain feats when you shapeshift(aka combat expertise), make classes with very specific requirements(100 points in Lawful and Good for instance) etc, etc.
Are they all downloadable from nwn2vault? Can you just override everything or do you eventually need to use a packer to get all your changes in. I really want to test how much control I can have over the game. Can I do stuff like: disable certain feats when you shapeshift(aka combat expertise), make classes with very specific requirements(100 points in Lawful and Good for instance) etc, etc.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?
We don't use any plugins. We might use the legends spawn plugin soon.
We have the hak files with a lot of content.
You can do a lot of things, but some will require a lot of patience and maybe help from the nwn2 forum
We have the hak files with a lot of content.
You can do a lot of things, but some will require a lot of patience and maybe help from the nwn2 forum
-
maulofthetitans55
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm
Re: Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?
Ok is it better to store the hak files for your area in C>Program Files>Atari>NWN2>HAK
or
My Documants>NWN2>Hak ?
I have the packer program and ERF file opener. When I modify a 2DA do I just throw it in override? Which expansion 2DA's should I use to edit?
or
My Documants>NWN2>Hak ?
I have the packer program and ERF file opener. When I modify a 2DA do I just throw it in override? Which expansion 2DA's should I use to edit?
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?
the my docs one.maulofthetitans55 wrote:Ok is it better to store the hak files for your area in C>Program Files>Atari>NWN2>HAK
or
My Documants>NWN2>Hak ?
I have the packer program and ERF file opener. When I modify a 2DA do I just throw it in override? Which expansion 2DA's should I use to edit?
If you have no haks with 2da's, just putting them in the override is fine.
I forgot which has precedence if you have haks with 2da's and the 2da's in override.
I think probably override does.
Use SoZ.
-
maulofthetitans55
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm
Re: Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?
Wow thanks you are very helpful. I'm just going to keep firing away 
Lets say I copy the baseitems 2DA and alter it so clubs now do 1d8 or change them to a small weapon etc. Then I throw that file in the override. Will it then change all the clubs in the toolset including the descriptions to 1d8 and small? If not, what is the item description 2DA called?
Also is there a better way to create items other then "Add blueprint?" I also tried Sinplugin item creator and that doesn't seem to be any faster.
Lets say I copy the baseitems 2DA and alter it so clubs now do 1d8 or change them to a small weapon etc. Then I throw that file in the override. Will it then change all the clubs in the toolset including the descriptions to 1d8 and small? If not, what is the item description 2DA called?
Also is there a better way to create items other then "Add blueprint?" I also tried Sinplugin item creator and that doesn't seem to be any faster.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Noob builder: What plug-ins are used here?
Not sure. I haven't tried something like that.