How does the UI determine what recipes you have access to? Does it just throw them out there and you have to sort through them, or does it look at your prepared spells/scrolls, etc., and then produce a list based on what you can actually create? I ask because there were differences in your screenshots as to what the crafter was able to make, and I don't know if that was just different "pages" of the recipe book or if something else is at work.
Will the crafting stations be single use (one character at a time, to signify limited working space, in which case a cooldown timer for use might be in order to allow others time to work there as well), or is it a free-for-all?
My other question is simply: Is there a list of skills that will be implemented in this craft line (Other than the obvious "Craft: InsertChoice")? I saw the Spellcraft title in your screenshots, so was wondering if other skills were going to come into play. Many players would alter their builds to accomodate this, or at least factor them into new ones.
I actually have to disagree on this one. If it doesn't TAKE XP to make the items (one of the reasons the gold was so high was because NWN2's crafting didn't require any XP as in PnP, I believe), then it shouldn't give XP, either. Especially since people would simply use this to Powerlevel crafting toons...having high levels go out and get junk to just feed the crafting XP on the toons until...voila! They're now epic and can craft any gear imaginable.tooley1chris wrote:How about an item destruction forge that grants XP for an items destruction based on value?
Love the ideas, especially about adding animations. If you did decide to add stuff about the wood lasting for 10 rounds (I think this is a great idea), then perhaps any animations should only be visible to that player.