Reason I'm asking is that I don't have the toolset on this laptop (and can't have, because it's only capable of trolling on the forums
Library for Visual Studio?
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Servin
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am
- Location: UK
Library for Visual Studio?
Perhaps it's mentioned here somewhere and I missed it. Is there a library for Visual Studio you can script with instead of the toolset? I know some plug-ins can be done in C# so it was worth a shot...
Reason I'm asking is that I don't have the toolset on this laptop (and can't have, because it's only capable of trolling on the forums
) but it's got VS and mayhaps could do some scripting given time.
Reason I'm asking is that I don't have the toolset on this laptop (and can't have, because it's only capable of trolling on the forums
Cake is a lie, there are only donuts
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
-
Ivan38Rus
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1417
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 pm
Re: Library for Visual Studio?
It's okay, forum trolling has been on the down side for awhile now.
I used this:
nssclc - NSS Command-Line Compiler with NWN Lexicon for reference.
No idea if there's a library for Visual Studio.
I used this:
nssclc - NSS Command-Line Compiler with NWN Lexicon for reference.
No idea if there's a library for Visual Studio.
-
Servin
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am
- Location: UK
Re: Library for Visual Studio?
That looks like the thing I might be looking for. Thanks. Still would be cool for a library though 
Cake is a lie, there are only donuts
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Library for Visual Studio?
There is the CLR Software Development Kit by Skywing, I think the server uses that but I'm not sure exactly how it hooks into the game or whether or not Luna would consider applying such scripts.
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1853
I don't think we currently use the Script Accelerator though, I suspect it was using too much memory and caused lag because of that.
If we switch over to using MYSQL for the Auction and Bulletin Boards it might be worth trying that again.
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1853
I don't think we currently use the Script Accelerator though, I suspect it was using too much memory and caused lag because of that.
If we switch over to using MYSQL for the Auction and Bulletin Boards it might be worth trying that again.
-
Servin
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am
- Location: UK
Re: Library for Visual Studio?
*no patronising intended*
Yes. .NET environment is tad different to other scripts. For multi-core experience you need to keep your code in classes and created objects, otherwise you end up going on a single core (which I think this game was designed for anyway, but hey maybe that's how the accelerator works - allows multicore stuff from the server). And classes and objects can be a bit tricky for beginner coders. I'm not sure how you guys work and how does NWN script work, therefore I'm not claiming you don't do those anyway.
The benefit of that is if it links to a database it has great speed with SQL Server, unlike the webbie MySQL which in official statistics takes about x4 the time to return stuff (about a second through PHP). SQL Server costs a licence to run however, while MySQL is free. It's all down to testing and code quality.
I'm a web programmer and I enjoy code banter btw
Yes. .NET environment is tad different to other scripts. For multi-core experience you need to keep your code in classes and created objects, otherwise you end up going on a single core (which I think this game was designed for anyway, but hey maybe that's how the accelerator works - allows multicore stuff from the server). And classes and objects can be a bit tricky for beginner coders. I'm not sure how you guys work and how does NWN script work, therefore I'm not claiming you don't do those anyway.
The benefit of that is if it links to a database it has great speed with SQL Server, unlike the webbie MySQL which in official statistics takes about x4 the time to return stuff (about a second through PHP). SQL Server costs a licence to run however, while MySQL is free. It's all down to testing and code quality.
I'm a web programmer and I enjoy code banter btw
Cake is a lie, there are only donuts
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me