-
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Atlas
- Posts: 1289
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:00 pm
-
-
Last edited by Atlas on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Character Profile and The Battles of Sir Amalric of Germont aka Sir Arkaine Halforken Link:
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Making New Armour Models
Yes, Atlas. It's possible. The amount of work needed to do it is considerable however. There are a few who like me would be able, but many are also involved in Area building, or aiding the server in other ways.Hello. I dunno which thread I should have posted this in in this section, so I decided to make a new one. I'm just wondering if this is at all possible, but here is my idea, which is does BGTSCC have any graphic artists (I think thats the right word.) that could make something like this on this Nwn2 armour appearance?
Like Death had explained on another thread, you would need multiple models and textures to accomodate all graphic settings the game uses:
3D Poly detail - Low, Medium, High (3 times modelling)
Texturing - Low, Medium, High (3 times Painting)
Normal Mapping - ON/Off (Another texture to Paint)
Etc.. etc.. And that's just for -one- model. Hence, you can see why many that tried, or have some skill with 3D software, don't feel much for having a go at it.
Maybe there are a few that are willing though. In that case, those interested are free to PM me, and I'll try and advise/help as best I can.
PS: You;re not intruding. It's fine, Atlas.
-
Duster47
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
- Location: Florida, USA
Re: Making New Armour Models
It should be possible to begin with the tabard belt models to create this. Re-work what the FF and CK guards wear. Still, probably a fair amount of work if anything more than a re-skin is involved (*dds artwork).
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.