Request - Tunic Appearance

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Eden
Recognized Donor
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Look behind

Request - Tunic Appearance

Unread post by Eden »

Hi to all,
I'm writing here because I need some help. Since I haven't got the toolset (wineskin allow me just to play, and the toolset won't work and there's no way to use it) I cannot do this by myself.
I am looking for someone to create for my main toon a tunic, using the existent models, but changing the color to adapt it to the RP needs. The tunic is the normal tunic, you'll have just to change its color, using white and blue (or light blue if it looks better). The result could be added to the appearance changer.
I am currently offering an IG prize to the one that choose to help me. I hope this is not too difficoult, but basing on my experience, it should not be.
This is the image of how it should be:

Image

Thanks to anyone who can help me
Remember them all it's just a game.
tfunke
Retired Staff
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Location: Australia- GMT+10

Re: Request - Tunic Appearance

Unread post by tfunke »

Unfortunately that style of robe can't be tinted like that.
The parts that are white in your picture are a brownish colour by default (when white colour is selected).
The only other part of that robe that can be coloured is (in your above picture) the space between the blue neckline and the next blue line down. (which is a red-ish colour when the white colour is selected in the toolset)
Per aspera ad astra
Eden
Recognized Donor
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Look behind

Re: Request - Tunic Appearance

Unread post by Eden »

Bad news then. Do you know if there is a way to reach a similar effect using another tunic?
Next time I log in and have a little time I'll try to check if there are some other shapes of tunic that can be ok, then I'll try to color them as I did with this one so someone can tell me if that color is possible to have. Thank you very much btw
Remember them all it's just a game.
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Request - Tunic Appearance

Unread post by Duster47 »

Unfortunately, there are no default white anything to wear in NWN2.

The only white items are what persons created. Copy model to new version, desaturate the skins, adjust the tint and normal maps if necessary, then add to HAK and AppChanger.

There are now all-white versions of the red RWOT robe. Maybe that will work for you?
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
Eden
Recognized Donor
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Look behind

Re: Request - Tunic Appearance

Unread post by Eden »

I've checked the whole tunic appearances for the second time, but there's nothing enough simple similar to what I have in mind that can fit a priest. Are there any other solutions?
Remember them all it's just a game.
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Request - Tunic Appearance

Unread post by Duster47 »

Eden wrote:I've checked the whole tunic appearances for the second time, but there's nothing enough simple similar to what I have in mind that can fit a priest. Are there any other solutions?
Encourage the builder staff by raving over how awsome we are?
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Request - Tunic Appearance

Unread post by IAmDeathComeForThee »

Duster47 wrote:
Eden wrote:I've checked the whole tunic appearances for the second time, but there's nothing enough simple similar to what I have in mind that can fit a priest. Are there any other solutions?
Encourage the builder staff by raving over how awsome we are?
Agreed. 8-)


I could possibly retint the actual dds texture file and create the new appearance. But I would have to export the 3d robe to an entirely new file so the new texture doesn't completely mess up the existing appearances for that model and apply it to the new model. In other words, it would be a bit of work and take time away from my current workload...

But I did hear something of praise and prizes did I not? :mrgreen:
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Request - Tunic Appearance

Unread post by Duster47 »

IAmDeathComeForThee wrote:
Duster47 wrote:
Eden wrote:I've checked the whole tunic appearances for the second time, but there's nothing enough simple similar to what I have in mind that can fit a priest. Are there any other solutions?
Encourage the builder staff by raving over how awsome we are?
Agreed. 8-)


I could possibly retint the actual dds texture file and create the new appearance. But I would have to export the 3d robe to an entirely new file so the new texture doesn't completely mess up the existing appearances for that model and apply it to the new model. In other words, it would be a bit of work and take time away from my current workload...
I do this all the time; just review my Fashions folder. 8-)

Example: Image
Candidate item 211 replaces the default green version with yellow accents.
IAmDeathComeForThee wrote:But I did hear something of praise and prizes did I not? :mrgreen:
Nope... only crickets. :roll:

Anyway, back to the OP. I agree there is a lack of plain-white items. I can add this robe as a future addition the next time I am working on clothing.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.
scriver
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Request - Tunic Appearance

Unread post by scriver »

While I can agree that there is a lack of white clothes, I also think that most of the white dressings that do exist are too white. I mean, like from a laundry detergent commercial kind of white. I'd prefer it if the white clothes had a slight tint of brown or grey to it, instead.... It would make them, to me at least, seem a bit less unbelievable.
User avatar
Duster47
Retired Staff
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Request - Tunic Appearance

Unread post by Duster47 »

scriver wrote:While I can agree that there is a lack of white clothes, I also think that most of the white dressings that do exist are too white. I mean, like from a laundry detergent commercial kind of white. I'd prefer it if the white clothes had a slight tint of brown or grey to it, instead.... It would make them, to me at least, seem a bit less unbelievable.
I agree.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, last seen roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”