Making custom weapons
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Aesir
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am
Making custom weapons
I recently started to make custom weapons for the server and I will be posting them here for feedback.
Please let me know what you think and if you have any remarks. In case you have some ideas or urgent requests you can post it here. I will also be available to make custom buildings and placeables. Everything must be in accordance with, and approved by the dev team of course.
Please let me know what you think and if you have any remarks. In case you have some ideas or urgent requests you can post it here. I will also be available to make custom buildings and placeables. Everything must be in accordance with, and approved by the dev team of course.
-
Aesir
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am
Re: Making custom weapons
Here my first additions. Two versions of a new scythe, one with a filter color for the devs to set and one with a preset custom texture:






-
Knightmare
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1696
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
- Location: One step ahead!
Re: Making custom weapons
I love it, man. Finally a scythe model which looks cool. Thumbs up!
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
-
DM Galadriel
- Posts: 570
- Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am
Re: Making custom weapons
Pretty good stuff. If you make me a whip you'll have a DM in your pocket! 
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
-
scriver
- Posts: 177
- Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm
Re: Making custom weapons
I'm not a scythe guy, but it looks good. Are you making the whole models yourself?
Any, I'm looking forward to seeing your continued work.
Any, I'm looking forward to seeing your continued work.
-
Aesir
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am
Re: Making custom weapons
I believe that weapon types that require animations in the weapon itself, such as whip's and flails etc. are not possible in the engine. Correct me if I'm wrong. I will look into it though.DM Galadriel wrote:Pretty good stuff. If you make me a whip you'll have a DM in your pocket!
-
Aesir
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am
Re: Making custom weapons
I used the standard Scythe model as a basis for this one. Textures are a mix of customs and toolset, because of size/performance concerns.scriver wrote:I'm not a scythe guy, but it looks good. Are you making the whole models yourself?
Any, I'm looking forward to seeing your continued work.
I am working on a heavy crossbow from scratch now.
-
sobebop
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:22 pm
- Location: Dallas TX
Re: Making custom weapons
Aesir wrote:I am working on a heavy crossbow from scratch now.
Gustov Windsong - Known windsoul master crossbow sniper, and wizard of some power - BioAzmodeth wrote:we have insane amounts of dm love
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Making custom weapons
We have already merged up Aesirs scythes to the app changer.
So they will show up in the next update.
So they will show up in the next update.
-
Knightmare
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1696
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
- Location: One step ahead!
Re: Making custom weapons
Roll out the priests of Myrkul.
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
-
Aesir
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am
Re: Making custom weapons
So here is the heavy crossbow I mentioned before:




I think I'll be working on variations of it.




I think I'll be working on variations of it.
-
DM Galadriel
- Posts: 570
- Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am
Re: Making custom weapons
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
-
Hope
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 am
Re: Making custom weapons
Very impressive work!
Catherine Chant - Healer of Ilmater - Returned from her pilgrimage.
Alex Adriale - Paladin of Torm. Who knows where she is.
Lilia deVelose - Merchant from Amn - Cold for all eternity.
Aia Nar'Thil - Frozen Dharashan - At peace in the Misty Forest
Grey - Gone off on her own adventure
-
Knightmare
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1696
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
- Location: One step ahead!
Re: Making custom weapons
Also consider the Khopesh for the exotic weaponry


When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
-
Aesir
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am
Re: Making custom weapons
Knightmare wrote:Also consider the Khopesh for the exotic weaponry![]()
For what weapon type? Long sword?